Chapter 3

Zayn woke up alone for the first time in a long time. He always woke up with Niall in his arms, or at least the room.

And now, he was curled up in bed, wearing one of Niall's jackets so his smell surrounded him, holding a teddy bear to his chest and tears falling silently.

It took him about twenty minutes before he got the motivation to move. He sat up, calling work first, calling in sick and getting one of the older members of staff to cover for him.

Then he called Louis.

The first time the call went to voicemail after three rings. The second time four. Then two...But then he got an answer.

"Stop calling." Louis hissed.

"I need to talk to you, please Lou" Zayn sobbed.

"Zayn..." Louis sighed.

"Just please, let me explain? Come round, please?"

"I'll be right over.." Louis sighed and the line went dead.

Opening the laptop he started looking through pictures off Niall, tears still falling. Then clicked onto the videos. He knew Niall had probably deleted the videos of them last night...But what he did was best for Niall.

He clicked on a random video

*Video*

"So, I just read my work out, and play it back, and it'll help me remember?" Niall said, looking directly into the camera, which was actually the camera on his laptop.

"How I got through medical school" Zayn shrugged without looking up.

"But, you have a photographic memory, and you're a genius, I'm barely average." Niall pouted, looking away from the camera to Zayn, sat on a desk just in view.

"You're so much more than average to me, you're my little leprechaun." Zayn said distracted.

"Zayn..." Niall giggled, running his hands through his hair.

"Hmm?" Zayn hummed.

"Zaaaayyyyynnnn" Niall dragged out to get his attention.

"Yes?" Zayn said, still writing out whatever he was doing.

"Zaaaayyyyyynnnniiiieeeeee?" Niall grinned.

"Yeah baby?" Zayn sighed, finally turning from where he was working.

"I want cuddles" Niall giggled.

"I'm busy baby..." Zayn said dismissively.

"Zaynie...I want cuddles though" Niall pouted.

"Baby, later.." Zayn said, without looking at him.

"But Zayn..."

"NIALL, JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP! I'M WORKING!" Zayn growled

*Video Paused*

Zayn hit the pause button, he hadn't hit Niall before this was taken, he hit him three days after this for the first time, holding him while they both cried.

As time went on Zayn got less affected by hurting Niall.

but the thoughts still ate him alive after Niall fell asleep and he was just there, holding his angel in his arms. A few tears fell before Zayn hit play again.

*Video continued*

"Sorry.." Niall whimpered, curling up.

Zayn sighed, standing and moving to the bed. "Sorry baby, I'm just tired"

Niall cuddled timidly into Zayn.

"I'm so sorry.." Zayn repeated, rocking Niall sightly.

"I love you.." Niall whimpered.

"I know, I love you too." Zayn said softly.

"I love you more.." Niall giggled weakly.

"No you don't. I love you to the moon and back" Zayn grinned.

"I love you to the sun and back" Niall giggled, pulling tongues.

"Why don't you put that tongue to better use?" Zayn chuckled.

"Nope, no kisses until you admit I love you more." Niall smirked.

Zayn raised an eyebrow, then Niall was pinned to the bed in one swift movement before Zayn began to tickle him with a grin on his face.

"St-stop" Niall gasped through laughter.

"Say 'Zayn Malik is a sexy beast'"

"Zayn Malik is a sexy beast" Niall choked out.

"'And he loves me more than I love him'" Zayn smirked.

"Bite me" Niall glared.

"Anything for you Darling" Zayn swooped down, biting at his neck playfully.

Niall giggled, looking up wide eyed.

"I love you.." Niall whispered as Zayn finally.

"I love you too baby, so much" He said kissing his nose and resting their foreheads together.

Niall rolled them over and the camera shifted crazily.

"SHIT! THE LAPTOP!" Niall giggled as the laptop tumbled off the bed.

Zayn appeared as he picked up the laptop.

"Nialler?" He chuckled.

"Yeah?" Niall smiled brightly.

"You never turned it off record" Zayn rolled his eyes and Niall kissed his cheek.

"Sorry, I forgot I had pressed start." Niall giggled and the camera was shut off.

*Video end*

Zayn started at the now black screen, tears falling freely.

"I love you" He shouted. "I FUCKING LOVE YOU NIALL JAMES HORAN!!"

He rocked back and forth. He imagined Niall next to him. Those soft pink lips, that his tongue would swipe over leaving them looking so kissable. Those innocent pools of blue eyes that he lost himself in so quickly. The soft pale skin with that natural blush that graced his cheeks, that had Zayn had cupped in the palm of his hand countless times. The all American boy looks, the broad shoulders, the subtle abs.

He was just so...perfect.

Zayn sighed before clicking off his videos.

There was a knock on the door and he went and swung it open to find Louis, face emotionless.

"What Zayn?" He said.

"I love him.." Zayn sobbed out.

Louis frowned. "You said you didn't?"

"I'm giving him up, because...I hurt him, more than once. I can't keep hurting him. I love him, so..I'm breaking my own heart, to protect his.." Zayn whimpered.

"He hasn't left bed, his heart is already broken Z" Louis said softly.

"I can't hurt him anymore" Zayn said shakily.

Louis nodded understandingly.

"You need to get some help mate, then see what happens?" Louis said. "I've got to go, Harry is outside waiting..."

"Ok..." Zayn sighed.

"We'll look after him for you, he's safe" Were Louis last words before leaving the apartment.

He opened Internet explorer, waiting for it to load.

He may never get Niall back, but he can at least try and become the sort of guy Niall deserves.

With that thought he typed in two words into the search bar.

He scrolled through the results before finding one that was relevant.

Anger Management classes, Thursdays at 6:30.