Chapter 6

Niall lay in bed, it was ten and Zayn still wasn't back...

He sighed and sat up, dialling Zayn's number which went straight to voicemail.

Niall left a message even though his phone was obviously off. "Zaynie, where are you? You promised we'd do what ever I want when your back? All I want right now is to be held!"

Niall went downstairs, making a hot chocolate and curled up in one of Zayn's hoodie on the couch.

He was holding the teddy Zayn gave him tightly.

"So" He said to the teddy, ruffling it's orangey brown fur. "Do you know where he is?" He said, tapping it's nose. "Of course you don't, you're a teddy...and I'm loosing my mind" Niall fiddled with the love heart in the teddy's hands with the writing 'I love you' on the front. "I'm just worried" He said, deciding he didn't care he was talking to a teddy bear. "He should be back."

Niall stayed silent for a few seconds, taking a long sip of his drink. "He wouldn't of left me? He wouldn't of got bored of me, right?"

**

Zayn walked out of the center, jacket tight around him.

He pulled his phone out, he was going to call Niall and ask if he wanted Zayn to get him anything before he got home.

Before he had scrolled to Niall's name though, his phone was out of his hands and thrown against a wall, smashing into bits.

Zayn turned to face three boys..well men, they were obviously a bit older than Zayn.

"Well, Well, Well" A familiar voice said. "Zayn right?"

"Umm..Yes?" Zayn said, trying to figure out where he'd heard that voice.

"Remember me?" The one who had been talking stepped forward, his face coming into the light.

"Umm, Niall's brother? Greg? I sat near you at christmas?" Zayn said, confused.

"Yeah, now, imagine my shock, when my baby brother's friend calls me up? Saying he's heartbroken?" Greg said with a glare.

"It was all a misunderstanding, we're fine now..?" Zayn stated.

"And your version of 'fine' is hitting him? Kicking him? Physically hurting him?" Greg growled.

"No, I don't think that's fine.." Zayn said, trying to keep his voice even.

Greg grabbed him by his throat, and slammed him against the wall they'd thrown his phone against.

"Lets see how you like it?" Greg sneered, and before Zayn understood the words, Greg and the other two were drilling into him with punch after punch.

Zayn groaned and shouted out in pain but stayed silent.

It was much worse than that beating off Harry.

One was even cutting him with a knife.

Zayn was near unconcious when they dropped him to the floor. "Stay away from my brother" Greg said, kicking him as hard as he could before all three walked away.

Zayn just lay there battered, bruised and bleeding and finally, it didn't hurt as much, because he was unconcious.

**

Niall grabbed his phone the second it rang, answering without checking the caller ID. "Zayn?!"

"Umm," A female voice said on the other end. "This is The Hospital of London, we're are looking for Niall Horan?"

"I'm Niall Horan" Niall said, internally paniking. Why were the hospital calling?

"A Zayn Malik has just been admitted, as his next of kin, you have to be informed."

"I'll be right there!" Niall said, hanging up, he pulled on sweats as he'd only been in a hoodie and boxers, before sprinting to the hospital.

It was pouring down with rain, not that Niall cared, just continued to run towards the hospital.

The second he was in he went to the reception desk. "I'm here for Zayn Malik?" He panted.

The woman typed in a few things on her computer before turning back to Niall. "He's on the the third floor, in intensive care."

Niall didn't say anything else, just sprinted off with a thankful.

He ran all the way up, the elevator was too crowded.

He ran to the desk there. "Zayn Malik?"

"I need some sort of photo Identification please?" The nurse smiled.

Niall checked his pockets, sighing. "I haven't got any.."

"I can't let you see him then" She said, returning to her work.

"Come on! Can't you make an exception?" Niall said, shivering at the touch of his soaking wet hoodie on his skin.

"I'm sorry, no." she said simply.

"But, please? You don't get how much it would mean?" Niall said, giving her his puppy dog face.

"Doctor Tomlinson has requested nobody but his emergency contact to see him." The nurse said.

"Doctor Tomlinson..?" Niall said slowly.

"Yes." The nurse said wihtout looking at him.

"PAGE HIM!" Niall ordered.

"What?" The nurse said.

"Page him, I want to talk to him." Niall said with as close as he'll get to a smile undr those conditions.

The nurse reluctantly paged him and moments later Louis was walking in. "What seems to be the promblem?"

"That young man claims to be Zayn Malik's emergency contact." She pointed to Niall.

"Niall" Louis said coldly. "Are you here to stab with car keys instead of my boyfriend?"

"Louis, he was trying to hurt Zayn.." Niall murmered. "Please, just confirm who I am and let me see him?"

Louis sighed, nodding to the nurse. "Follow me."

Niall followrd and gasped when they reached the room.

Zayn had casts, and stitches and was hooked up to three machines, he was hooked up to an IV but this had blood in, not a clear liquid like usually.

"He's still unconcious and slightly unstable, he keeps flatlining for a few seconds, but we've manage to revevive him each time" Louis started.

Niall simpy nodded, walking forward to run a hand over his cheek lovingly.

"He has three broken ribs, so no sex, smoking, excersice. Anything that increases his breathing is a no until they heal."

"The ulna and radius usually both break if it's from impact, but only his Ulna is..which is this one" Louis ran a finger inbetween his elbow and his wrist on the side of and his pinky finger. "Which makes me think something was slammed into his arm, and not that he came into impact with something." 

Niall looked at the cast on his arm.

"Th cast is also quite loose closer to the elbow, because there was a cut that required stitches there...It was a compound break" Lou pointed to the top of the cast.

"His tibia and patella are broken , which is everything inbetween his knee and foot on his left leg" Louis gestured to another cast.

"He had internal bleeding and forty stitches over his whole body. There is some internal bruising too. And he needed a blood transfusion.." Louis finished. "That's it really, he should be fine, there is nothing major that should effect his heart, but he keeps flatlining, first his heart speeds up to like dangerous levels, then flatlines completely, like he's thinking about something that'll increase heart rate, but his body is too weak to handle ithe increase in the rate the blood is pumping around his body, so he flatlines.." Louis sighed.

Niall looked up with tears in his eyes. "Louis, keep him alive, please.."

"I'm trying Niall" Louis said, kissing Niall's head softly.