-SEVEN-

KATES POV

Breakfast was delicious for Laura had made it. Though she left as soon as she finished, having to do some shopping and other errands.

Here at the kitchen Island, catching glimpses of Xavious couldn't be anymore obvious. I couldn't help see the gleam in his eyes while his hair was wet and slightly messy. His perfect sculptured face was knee-weakening but I couldn't ignore his blank expression.

He seemed distracted, more like burdened-looking making me feel sympathy for him. What am I saying? He has murdered in cold blood and shows no remorse. All I could think at that moment was that behind his perfect appearance was a man with a cold heart or did he even have one? I mean he's lived for how many centuries now? Bet, he has already broken many hearts and simply moved on.

I couldn't help but look up at him again and at this all my harsh thoughts disintegrated. Wow. All it took was one look.

"I need to get to work, Laura won't be back until dinner so by then I need you to clean the house starting with...the dishes." He said with a stern look as he got up and headed for his office leaving me wide-eyed like a freak.

I was going to the dishes anyway, but household chores. Really? That's all he had in mind for me. I felt useless as I found a vacuum in one of the closets by the laundry and started with the lounge then gradually to the top floor.

Feeling a little flustered I walked pass Xavious' office stomping a little more than needed along with the vacuum squealing behind me. Although I didn't hear anything from him apart from the flipping of many pages. Huh, must be looking for something. With a shrug I went to the kitchen and gulped down a load of water while a thought hit my head.

In the kitchen, I grabbed ingredients from a few cupboards and from the fridge and stared at the counter excitedly. I whipped the ingredients and made a dough like substance then started flattening it into circles for I was baking choc chip cookies for myself. Two trays, I placed in the oven to bake for 25 minutes and ran up the stairs noisily on purpose to take a shower. 

With a towel wrapped around my body I dried my wavy hair and made a messy bun while entering Xavious' room with a sly smile. Since I was feeling hot, I slide open his walk in wardrobe and pull on a white long sleeve shirt with the Adidas brand on the back in black. I pull on black three quarter sweats and put on some white ankle-cut socks. On hearing the bell scream it's lungs, instead of running my way down the grand spiral staircase, I simply flung myself off the barrister to each floor with a 'thud'.

Switching off the oven, I pull out the golden brown choc chip cookies and munch on more than a few with a delightful smile painted on my face. Laughing at myself for having cookies for lunch I realised Xavious hadn't come down once which means he didn't have lunch.

Although I don't really like sharing my favourite baked goods I didn't like eating alone either. Since the thought of annoying him at any chance came to mind I decided to put all the cookies on one plate and poured myself a huge glass of chocolate milkshake I made just before leaving to shower.

While approaching his office, discarding the thought of having to knock, with both my hands filled I push down on the handle with my elbow and press against the door with my backside. Mid-turn I see a serious faced Xavious with both elbows on the desk looking for something to throw his anger at. With his hair tousled and messy I could tell he'd ran his fingers through it countless times. And the dark look etched on his face made me think, wrong timing.

"No shit, Sherlock" came Ava's voice from in between.

XAVIOUS POV

With all the new recruits coming into my pack there was much to be done while filing each wolves role in this pack was making me crazy. As well as running the business of which multiple meetings had been booked for me by my assistant back at the tower. Including the fact that I had no focus whatsoever because yours truly was making a circus out there.

Couldn't she be more considerate or like Laura. I gave her simple instructions and she goes around, what is that? Is she jumping down the flight of stairs? She's nuts. She annoys the shit out of me though all I want to do is see her alluring eyes or see her blushed cheeks which makes her look cute.

Cute?

Looking back at the pile of papers scattered on my huge desk I get frustrated again when the door swings open.

Of course it had to be Kate. Looking at her questionably, I take in her scent of roses and vanilla. She looked sexy in my shirt when she blushes and places a plate full of cookies and chocolate milkshake on my desk. I gave her a blank look and raised my eyebrows at her with annoyance. She simply smiles and takes the milkshake and sips the straw while sitting crossed legged on the big armchair across of me.

Admiring the loose strands of her golden brown hair and wanting to twirl it between my fingers I hear just above a whisper "I made some cookies...thought you might be hungry" hearing her sweet voice I break myself away from her trance or the sudden attraction I feel for her which I bet will eventually fade. I am always attracted to beautiful women but only for while then.... Nothing. Though, every time I look at Kate the feeling just gets stronger and harder to resist. Especially now that she thought of me being hungry and made me ...cookies?

I couldn't resist it and noticed I had been silent far too long. Before I could reply to her she continued, "Just try it. It's yum, I promise" She says while looking at me eagerly.

I snatch a cookie and taste it, the crumbly and buttered texture of the cookie melted in my mouth with the warm taste of chocolate mixing perfectly. Nodding my head I inhaled a few more realising I needed it. I hear a soft chuckle from her and see her getting up from her seat. While walking around my desk she hands me her drink. "Milkshake?" She questions. I try to keep me from smiling like an idiot so instead I nod and take long sips of the cold fluid.

Before she could walk away from me, I put down the really good milkshake and grab her by the waist.

A faint gasp left her lips as she soon finds herself straddling my lap. I breathe in her scent and look up to her searching my face. Her fingers trail my jaw and while one trails down my throat. Her right hand caresses my cheek. With only a simple gesture my skin was burning and a tingling sensation followed as she explored with her hands.

I was definitely feeling things that I didn't need right now. Ignoring the feeling inside of me and abandoning every fibre of my being I pushed her off leaving her standing there a bit disappointed.

A reaction I didn't expect. It was almost like she had expected that reaction from me. Before realisation dawned upon me I looked to my left at the horizons reflection on the ocean farther than the mist of trees. With nothing said I hear a soft sound of the door being closed as I close my eyes to the darkness waiting to pull me under just to punish me. Again and again. With one thought tugging at my feeble heart.

She deserves better.

(EDITED)