~ELEVEN~

KATE'S POV

I was finally finished filing and got up to stretch my limbs. I look at Xavious' empty desk since he left for an emergency meeting and so I take a seat on his chair which turned out to be way softer than the couch. I press the space bar and to my luck the desktop was open showing the company's logo as the background.

I was fishing around in the tabs that were open of emails; thousands of unopened e-mails. He must be popular and along with search tabs open with a lot of high frequency words.

Scrolling through other apps like video editors and excel spreadsheets with many numbers I click on the file named 'final resumes'. There on the screen was of a woman who looked like a model, long brown hair with grey eyes named Rachel. I would go to the next file but with the one sided glass wall I could see Xavious heading back so I minimize the tabs and casually walk to the window that overlooked normal people's lives.

"According to the meeting I have to go somewhere tonight and by the time I drop you back-"

"It's fine, I can tag along if you don't mine" I say with a smile.

"It's a casual party for a charity event inviting people of technology and media."

"Okay, so where is it?" I ask while standing up getting just a little too hyped.

"It's here in the city but I'm sorry you're not going anywhere with me...looking like that." He says as he eyes my hoodie and jeans when I cross my arms and reply to him "Then what do you suggest, Sir"

I imitate his deep voice when saying 'Sir' to which he gives a smirk. A smirk to which I knew he didn't have anything great planned for me in his mind yet, I follow him to his car.

Pulling up to a mall, I realized what he was doing.

"Nope, I am not doing that"

"Unless you want a punishment..." He says casually as my throat dries and I let out a huff as I slam the door close.

"Nope" Xavious says for the 17th time. I swear the shop lady looked annoyed as well. I hear two girls giggling as they calmly walk pass me into the changing rooms when Xavious stops them.

"Girls, could you two please choose a dress for-"

"HER..." One girl says excitingly.

"Oh my god yes, you look really pretty in that red dress by the way..." The girl with cute freckles said as they pull me into the changing room.

"So, what's the occasion?" The taller girl with perfect tan skin asks.

"A casual party... real boring stuff where important people will be I think" I say as they both head out instructing me to get out of the current red floral dress.

"Try this on, it will fit you perfectly" They say as they walk out leaving me with another dress. I slip on the smooth black dress with off the shoulder laced sleeves and a few embroidery patterns at the bottom. Simple yet professional looking I guess.

(OUTFIT AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE).

Before I get out of the changing room, Xavious tells me to buy it before he even sees it. I show it to the girls and the shop lady who all agreed it to be looking exceptional. I change out of the dress and come out in my hoodie and jeans once again. I smile as one of the girls hands me white ankle strapped heels.

"I can't thank you guys enough" I say as they ask for a hug and I return it then go to the counter and place the dress and shoes.

"You still have $500 left. He left a $1000 for you." The shop lady says as I give her a grin. Lucky this shop had shoes, dresses, hoodie's and accessories.

"Thank you so much. Bye" I say to the counter lady who looked really happy. I walk out the shop with two heavy bags.

"What's all that?" Xavious questions looking at the bags.

"One has my dress and the other one has my shoes."

Xavious nods his head nonchalantly as we make our way back but I stop him by the food court since we didn't have lunch. Well, at least I didn't have lunch.

"I need food... please" I say as he nods his head while answering yet another call. I order a burger and fries with a large frozen blueberry Fanta. I turn to look at Xavious handing the guy behind the cashier a fifty dollar note. The guy gives a weird look at him though Xavious was really quiet which meant one thing. He was angry, angry at whoever was conversing with him on the phone and so he turned and walked away.

The order was done in 5 minutes. I think the waiter winking at me had something to do with it. Anyways, I was now struggling to run with two heavy bags, a bag of food and a huge drink in between my arms. I chuck the bags in the back seat on hearing Xavious saying "No eating in my car".

I sigh as I put the bag of food in the back and get in the passenger's seat while handing him $35 change. He stares at me while raising his eyebrows at me.

"What are you doing?"

"Drinking?" I reply as I happily sip on the cool drink which instantly gave me a brain freeze.

"Want some... here, it will calm you down" I say to Xavious as I hand the drink to him right in his face.

He takes it and sips on it slowly, "Keep the change" was all he said as he downs the rest of the drink.

XAVIOUS' POV

I quickly drive back to the empire building and enter my office when I hear Kate chuckling.

"Why are you laughing?" I ask her impatiently as she doubles over and points to my face.

"What?"

"Check in a mirror" She says as she walks into my private bathroom getting ready for the event. I check the side mirror in my office and see nothing on my face when I hear a knock on the door. I walk to the door and find my assistant handing me the last of his work, along with my busy schedule for tomorrow.

"Thanks."

"Sir, your-" He starts as he points to his mouth but I just shut the door in his face.

With that he retreats awkwardly as I walk to the mirror once again. I curse seeing my tongue all blue thanks to the drink. The drink that Kate gave, I start walking to the bathroom and stop once she opens the door.

For the first time I was actually speechless. There she stood with a black dress that hugged her curves perfectly while her long hair was in a messy bun with a few curly strands framing her rosy cheeks. As she neared nervously her make-up only consisted of top eye liner and a blur of magenta lipstick on her full lips.

I also noticed that she still only reached my shoulders.

"Shoes?" I ask as she blushes and walks to the bag by the sofa and starts to untie her high tops for the white heels.

I shake my head as I enter the bathroom and try to rinse the blue out of my tongue. I groan as I walk to my car and find Kate munching away on some fries. She stops when she sees me looking at her with amusement.

"It will help with your blue painted tongue, I promise" She says while handing me the bag of fries as she lets out another giggle. Her laughs were contagious but I held it in and reflected no emotions.

"Wait. Let me drive, I promise I won't hurt her. That way you can eat some food." Kate says as she nods her head thrillingly. I take a look at her greenish blue eyes and give up as I find myself in the passenger side devouring a burger. At this point, you'd think she was a hybrid- I fall under her compulsion every damn time.

Only half way after throwing directions to her did I register she was driving manual. Not only manual, but she was driving real smooth. She changes the gear from 4th straight to 5th as we enter the highway. I noticed she was enjoying herself very much.

We enter through fancy gates only to have paparazzi crowding the foyer of the building. She stalls the car to a stop and I walk out casually only to find Kate by my side, holding my arm with a death grip.

We enter with cameras flashing every direction, knowing a long night awaited us.

(EDITED)