-TWELVE-

KATE'S POV

I was definitely lost in the pool of bodies. Though Xavious seemed to be enjoying his time talking to a woman who wore a bodycon dress with a slit and showcasing her flat stomach through the fabric and chevage. (OUTFIT ABOVE)

I stare wide eyed at her outfit and try to give a sweet smile to the woman introduced to me as Carly. Though she gives me an annoyed expression and puffs her small chest at Xavious.

With that I walk the other direction downing a few drinks. While smiling at a few people I find myself headed to the bathrooms but stop when I see a man staring at me looking puzzled.

Damn it, I am pretty sure I was standing in the men's bathroom. Though as the man nears, I recognize him from the Empire building. It was Xavious' assistant I think.

"Hey, I'm Garry Simmons... we've met before" He says while walking closer to me. His ice blue eyes were hypnotizing and he did look handsome but Xavious' hazel eyes are-

"I remember... I'm Kate" My mouth says before my brain could form a proper sentence. By now my back was pressed to the wall by the door and his body held me steady while his hands were on my hips. I tried to push him back by his shoulders yet he didn't budge.

I could feel the dizziness overtaking me as he pecks my lips slowly and just then the door flies open with a bit too much force.

Before I knew it, Garry was flung off of me and was on the other side of the bathroom who slammed into a toilet stall. I tried to keep focus when Xavious yanks my arms towards the exit.

"We're going home" Was the only thing he mumbled under his breath with his jaw ticking.

XAVIOUS' POV

I couldn't think properly. One minute she was right there and the other she was busy kissing Garry Simmons. My assistant. I knew he would do something like this but for Kate to let him...just nagged at me.

I look her over in her seat tracing the rain drops on the window. She was humming to herself but I could make out each word of the lyrics.

"Are you angry, Xavious?" She asks while looking at me with questioning eyes.

"Get out" I say as she opens the door and slowly makes her way to the house which now looked gloomy. I follow after her in the harsh rain but she stops and swivels around smiling at me.

"Give me your hand..." Kate laughs as she holds my hand and twirls herself and almost falls onto the pebbles. I hold her still and before I could speak she puts a finger on my lips.

"Please forgive me...I just had a few drinks..." she says while staring at my chest.

I knew she wasn't lying since I could smell a swift of alcohol on her but I wasn't going to let her off the hook that easily either.

"That's not an excuse. Plus a few drinks can't do much now can it?"

"You seemed happy with Carly" She says while looking up into my eyes.

Is she out of her mind? Maybe it was the drinks getting to her head. Who the hell is Carly? And did she not see the petty men staring her down bit by bit. If I hadn't found her when I did- I'm just glad Garry's fired, though I think a little more justice won't hurt now can it?

I pull her inside with me and see her heading upstairs. I enter into my own office and down some bourbon. Although it wasn't strong enough I got a taste of it which usually calmed me down but right now it didn't.

My legs take me to her room and I find her standing by the balcony doors wearing the same black dress. I was right behind her and I knew she felt my presence for her heart sped a little faster.

"I'm sorry-" She begins but I break her off before she says my name and I lose all control. I spun her around and place kisses down to her collar bone.

"I warned you that I would punish you" I say as I look at her greenish eyes with specks of blue.

"Please Xavious..." Before she finishes I unzip her dress and the wet fabric slips down her figure willingly.

I land on the bed with her beneath me. I lift both her arms above her head and kiss her chest gently. I could tell she was resistant and was fighting me off.

I kiss her soft lips almost passionately which then turned into hungrily. I was yearning to capture her lips again from the first time we kissed. I pull back and knew that she couldn't deny the submission.

"Did it feel like that when he kissed you...?"  I mumble into her neck to which she gives a low sigh.

"No-o" She says instantly and pulls her hands free from my grip. I give a low chuckle and pull both her arms away from her. With her arms outstretched and me in between her legs, pulled the last straw of humanity left in me.

"Please don't! I swear I will never do it again." Kate says with tears streaming down her face. For some reason I could feel a sudden rush of heat and fire realizing my wolf was over taking me.

"Xavious..." Kate says in a small voice though somehow her palms ended up on either sides of my face calming my nerves.

"They're beautiful..." She whispers referring to my wolf's eyes. I shut my eyes and steady my rapid breaths. Liking the feeling of her hands playing with my hair I doze off like a light.

(EDITED)