_FOURTEEN_

PREVIOUSLY ON THE HYBRID ALPHA...

XAVIOUS' POV

I couldn't think properly. One minute she was right there and the other she was busy kissing Garry Simmons. My assistant. I knew he would do something like this but for Kate to let him...just nagged at me...

"Xavious..." Kate says in a small voice though somehow her palms ended up on either sides of my face calming my nerves.

"They're beautiful..." She whispers referring to my wolf's eyes. I shut my eyes and steady my rapid breaths. Liking the feeling of her hands playing with my hair I doze off like a light...

**********

KATE'S POV

I familiarise with the luscious green grass and the wide river that ran in between our packs land. It was our mark. The stream was calm and surreal that flowed through the forest and when followed it leads to a drop; A waterfall streaming down to the pool of water below.

We arrived an hour early and I had met everyone once again except this time the two very people closest to me were not here. Kane was to be returning from visiting another pack and taking care of a few rogues. Xavious on the other hand will be going to 'take care of something' so I didn't question further since being here was all I wanted.

As per our agreement, Hannah and Joe ran to catch up with me. I laughed when we arrived at the waterfall feeling a rush of warmth from the yellow sun on my light tanned skin.

"Where did you learn to run so fast?" They both asked a little exasperated. I smile and shrug my shoulders remembering the time I had to catch up with Xavious. This was nothing.

I was half way in, wearing a blue bikini bra and short shorts only to dolphin dive into the cool water. Rising to the surface I see Joe cannon balling from the tree across wearing a similar yellow bikini whereas Ana wore a red swimsuit.

"Has my dear Joey found her mate yet?" I say as I headlock her and we both end up under water blowing bubbles and kicking at each other. As we re-surface Ana is shaking her head and laughing at us as she leans over the rock, calmly basking in the sun. I push my wet hair out of my face and see Joe lean onto the rock opposite me while I float about.

"Soon...I sense it's about time, dear Moon Goddess... may he be a stunning babe with a huge-" before Joe finishes her version of a 'prayer' I splash her in the face. She doesn't give up and starts splashing back at me knowing that I probably gulped down a little water.

"Okay!" I breathe when she stops. After catching another breath I repeatedly splash her in the face all over again when Ana speaks up making us both halt.

"Girls! I have to go help mum and dad with a few things and Joe your phones been buzzing." With that Ana gets out of the water and so does Joe; she checks her phone and smiles.

"I need to go too. See you tonight Kat. Bye!" Joe screams as their wolves run farther away from the forest leaving the sound of crunching leaves, chirping birds and crickets humming their songs all to me.

"There you are. I've been looking for you." I swivel around just as I put my hair into a messy, wet bun atop my head.

"Here I am. What do you want Xavious?" I ask as he pulls off his shirt and jeans. He dives into the water as I turn towards the waterfall and swim further away from him though he swiftly catches up to me.

Xavious pulls me to his chest and holds his ground while I swayed about with the harsh landing of the waterfall making the water around us a bit rough.

"Xavious..." I mumble when he brings his lips down to my neck to which I clutch my legs around his torso feeling the warmth emanating from him even with the cool water encircling around me. I tug on his hair and arch my back giving him access as he tenderly places a kiss on my chest as my heart beats a tad bit faster than it already was.

I place my hands caressing his cheeks and with the force of a magnetic pull I claimed his pink lips. Once I felt him I didn't want to stop and neither did he as he pulls me impossibly closer to him. His shoulders were deep in the water though my chest was pressed by his collar bones and my face hovered over his this time.

I notice his eyes once I pull away to catch my breath and I find myself smiling. Lines creased his forehead when I noticed droplets of light rain fell from the sky. Water droplets fell on his long lashes as I rake back his now few curly wet strands of hair only to see him reading me. As if waiting for me to pull away. Waiting for this to end.

"What is it?" I ask lightly though he shakes it off and masks his neutral face.

"It's raining, we should get back." Is all he says as he turns into his wolf gracefully and places his clothes in his mouth waiting for me to follow. I tried to keep up with his pace but ended up going at Ava's pace loving the feel of fresh air ruffle my wolf's coat.

It was times like this I feel light headed- in a way where I felt no worries or problems. Just me and the forest. The forest and I.

Feeling much more relaxed I was changed into a fitting white dress with a v-cut showing my cleavage and on top of that I slid into a black leather jacket. While putting on some ankle strapped heels I nod to Ana and Joe's bickering about their outfits. Eventually I end up voting for their outfits for them and they both satisfyingly dress themselves exceedingly.

I whistle at Ana's laced, black tank paired with a white, high-waisted skater skirt and at Joe's Red, halter top with leather jeans hugging her in the right places. They both chuckle and raise eyebrows at me though I just roll my eyes at them and drive to the place Joe was invited. According to Ana, Kane was tying up loose ends and would be showing up tomorrow morning and so I was glad for the overnight bag I packed.

As for Xavious and Heithen; they said they had some business with another pack a few hours away and they'd also might run late. I heave a sigh as I park outside a club with motorcycles parked out the front while the scent of alcohol heightens my sense of smell. With the flashing spotlights and dim surrounding we stepped inside with Joe's 'friend' named Christopher Ardsley. He was rather charming with blonde curls in a fade cut with blue eyes once the lights came on for a few seconds as the DJ blasted a more upbeat and modern song.

The bass was heavy and hummed in my ears as I meet Christopher's friend Neil Keswick. I could tell they were werewolves but from another pack and also because we weren't screaming at each other whilst conversing.

"Have a drink" Neil hands me a shot and winks as I stare at the little mist of blue on the surface. I narrow my eyes at the drink as he leans in further his dark hair tousled and dark eyes locking with mine.

"It's just a little boosted for werewolves. Only if you take the challenge, girls" Neil says as Joe and I 'cheers' at the same time and down it in one go. Ana raises her brows at us and instead sips on her cocktail. I feel a little tingle and nothing major when all of a sudden all I wanted to do was dance. Joe and I mingled with the bodies that is until I felt Neil behind me.

I sway my hips to the beat as Joe and I throw some moves enjoying the attention given to us. I spun on my heels and grasp on Neil's shirt biting my bottom lip. I shouldn't be doing this. I promised myself.

But what if...I get lost in thought as I take in his dark steely eyes hypnotizing me.

(EDITED)