-NINE-

KATES POV

I smile to myself as I trace over his tattoo on his left arm

I smile to myself as I trace over his tattoo on his left arm. The tattoo was of a mountain side with forest trees surrounding a stream. It was artistically detailed and intricate. Whoever done it was damn good at what they did I thought to myself.

My right cheek was pressed above his left shoulder as I look at the one and only beast. His chest rose up and down slightly, he sighs loudly and covers me with his body. Now he slept facing me while his head was in the crook of my neck.

I knew he was in a deep sleep since last night he must've overworked himself. Like he was a machine or a robot. I remember him tucking me in but I couldn't fall asleep without him so I just dragged him myself. I give a low chuckle while doodling and trailing my fingers by his jaw whereas my other hand played with his smooth hair. I was zoning out as I brush my lips on his cheek and slide out from under him.

He looked at peace sleeping there with his exposed back which made me flush as I walked down straight to the kitchen. It was early I had to admit but sleep was long gone by now. It was 7 in the morning and the sky was a blend of peach and light blue with the sun rising slowly from the horizon. I devoured my caramel milkshake and walked to the back of the house with a bunch of grapes in my hand. I come to a halt as I push open glass doors.

There was a massive indoor pool with a slight mist covering the surface of the clean blue water. I happily skip to the pool, I couldn't hear anyone near nor see anyone so I loosen my hair. I left the shirt on which I felt protected me for some weird reason. I relax into the feeling of the warm water around me as I walk closer to the middle of the pool.

I could feel it was getting deeper for now the water was up to my chin and I was balancing myself by the tip of my toes. No thanks to the cotton shirt that I suppose was holding me down a bit. I sigh to myself in annoyance and pull off the shirt before I went any further. I throw the now soaked shirt which ended up sliding under one of the side chairs.

With that I swim to the end and as I was about to hold onto the ledge I hear footsteps. My eyes widen for a split second, the mist was still swirling around me and before I knew it I hear a loud 'splash'.

XAVIOUS POV

I groan when I tug at the empty bed sheet. Where is she? I climb out of bed and put on knee-length shorts while slinging a towel on my shoulder. I walk down to the kitchen and see that no one was there. I go up to the counter and see a huge glass filled with milkshake. I take a sip and notice it was caramel flavoured and to my liking I downed the rest of the drink.

Walking through the open doors of my indoor pool I notice the slight steam of the pools surface. Being suspicious as to why the doors were open I throw my towel on the side chair when I notice a puddle of water. I walk to the edge of the pool on the deep side and squat. A smile tugs my lips as I see a bundled up shirt under the chair nearby.

With that I dive in the water and swim freestyle till the shallow part of the pool.

I take a breath and swim back to the deep side as I rest both my arms on the ledge. The mist cleared a bit and to my right I see bubbles on the surface of the water. I go underwater and there I see her swimming away from me.

I swiftly catch up to her and pull her to the surface by her waist. By now her breathing was uneven, probably from holding her breath for too long.

I smirk when I see her in her bra showing off her cleavage which was covered with water droplets.

"Stop staring..." Kate says when she pushes me away and immediately sinks with her chin underwater. Before she could drown I pull her against me and stare at her lips part ever so slightly.

Her hands were holding onto my shoulders as I stare at her greenish blue eyes daring her. We stayed like that for a while as I wondered what she was thinking about. I could feel her expression become tense as she looks away from me.

"What is it Kate?" I say while placing my index finger under her chin and making her look at me.

"...It's just that I was wondering if-if you'd let me visit my brother. Just for awhile... please" She says while pleading with me with her eyes.

I clench my jaw and remember how it felt when I saw her with him. How he made her smile and happy but most of all the love they shared is something I knew I could never give her. At least not the way she deserved. I could see that she was worried and anxious as I nod my head in reply.

Almost instantly she beams a smile at me and throws her arms around my neck. She mumbles a thank you when she was about to pull away from the hug though I hold her still.

I could hear her breathing quicken as I bend down and whisper in her ear,

"Now get out of my pool" I say with a blank expression.

Knowing damn well that this might actually kill me more than it will her. She turns around and swims the rest of the way and takes the steps. Her wavy hair was now long and straight and her body looked sexy in only her bra and short shorts. She covers her chest with one hand as I look away and start swimming laps of freestyle.

Losing count and becoming breathless I jump out of the pool and walk to the side chair only to find my towel gone.

(EDITED)