Chapter Thirteen

A/N: i watched Beyonce and JayZ's OTR concert (for the 636282th time) while writing this and tbh that was the only thing that motivated me to write

enjoy~

Chapter Thirteen

"Why couldn't we just go to Top Golf?" Charlotte muttered as I slipped off her heels and replaced them with the socks and bowling shoes the bowling alley provided.

"Because I hate golf. I only play when potential clients ask me to," I snorted.

"But I thought I was more important than potential clients," Charlotte cocked an eyebrow.

I cocked an eyebrow right back. "I'm putting on your shoes like you're a two year old. I wouldn't be doing this for a potential client."

"What if the potential client was two years old?"

Charlotte dropped her feet from my lap when I finished tying her shoes.

"If a two year old could have intellectual conversations and own their own company I doubt they would choose my company to merge with," I chuckled, brushing my jeans off before standing up.

Charlotte followed suit with a frown on her pretty face. "Why not? You're amazing at what you do."

"You flatter me love," I chuckled, grabbing her chin and giving her a quick kiss. "Ready to get beaten in a rousing game of bowling?"

"Nope. But I'm ready to beat you."

A hour and a plate of nachos later I have a gloating Charlotte dancing circles around me.

"And the Magnificent Montgomery wins with just two points and a strike," she announced with her arms opened wide. The older couple playing in the lane next to us watched her with amusement. I rolled my eyes, untying my shoes.

"Just give me your shoes," I muttered, slightly put out by her win. I'll just have to beat her with video games.

"Someone's a sore loser," she sang, simply toeing her's off.

I frowned, putting my loafers back on and Charlotte backed off a bit.

"Aw, I'm just kidding baby," she giggled, wrapping her arms around my neck. "You're always a winner to me."

"Always?" I muttered, pouting my lips playfully.

"Forever," she chortled, throwing her head back with a laugh. I took advantage of her exposed neck and pressed a kiss to the spot where I knew it made her toes curl. Her laughter was cut off as she shivered minutely.

"I'll be right back. Print out the score sheet if you want," I murmured, pulling back.

"Are you going to put it on the fridge?" she giggled.

"Sure," I snorted, taking our shoes to the counter and handing them to the teenager behind the counter.

"Have a nice evening," the blonde girl chirped, taking the shoes from me.

"Thanks, you too." I shoved my hands in pockets before turning around to see a man talking animatedly with a excited Charlotte. I frowned, taking note of their body language as I got near. Charlotte's back was facing me so she couldn't see me sneaking up on them.

"...talking about you!" Charlotte laughed as the man's eyes skirted away from Charlotte to meet my eyes, cocking an eyebrow. Char peeked over her shoulder to see who he was looking at and her smile got impossibly wider. "Oh! Bryan, this is Jason, my boyfriend."

I bit back my smirk when a disappointment flashed in his eyes.

"Jason Hyland," I greeted him, wrapping a arm around Charlotte before I offered my hand.