Chapter 13

Peter stared at the paper in front of him and ran his fingers through his hair.

“Screw this,” he muttered, his eye twitching as he scanned the sentences in Spanish that he was supposed to be completing. Relative pronouns were confusing as heck, he thought. He was so done.

He stood up abruptly, striding out of his room to the elevator with the vague idea of getting some chips from the common floor. He should really start a chips stash, he decided. It would save him some walking. The elevator door opened, and he ambled through the living room to the kitchen, where he found Bucky standing very still, looking suspiciously at the counter. Or, more accurately, what was on the counter.

“What are those,” he asked Peter without breaking his gaze.

“Those? Those are legos,” said Peter, slipping past Bucky towards the chips drawer.

“What do they do.” Bucky sounded wary.

“You can build stuff with them. I built a lego Starfighter one time, that was pretty cool.”

Bucky looked both confused and frustrated. Knowing him, he was probably frustrated with being confused.

“Here,” Peter supplied, setting down his bag of doritos and scooping up the legos. He stuck two together and passed two more to Bucky. “Try it.”

Bucky narrowed his eyes at the little plastic blocks in his metal hand. He picked one up and after a missed attempt, stuck it to the other.

“That’s it?” he said after a moment. “Why do we have them.”

“I gave them to Tony as a thank-you present. I think Clint stole them, and he must’ve left them here when he left for etiquette class.” Peter paused to grin a little. “I can’t believe Clint’s actually going to etiquette class.”

Bucky took apart his two legos, then put them back together. “Serves him right. His manners suck.”

Peter let out a surprised laugh. “Ooh, burn!”

Bucky raised an eyebrow, picking up a third lego and adding it to the two in his hand. “Not a burn, just true.”

“Still funny, though,” Peter said cheerfully, grabbing his doritos and opening the bag. He watched as Bucky added the rest of the legos from the counter to his odd construction.

“Do we have more of these.”

“I don’t know… Hey JARVIS, do we have more legos?”

“I’m afraid not, Mr. Parker. There is, however, a Lego Store several blocks up Fifth Avenue. Would you like directions on your phone?”

“Yes, please,” Peter said. “C’mon, Bucky. Field trip!”

Bucky’s lips twitched, and he followed Peter to the elevator. “Is there really a store for these.”

“Yeah! It’s really cool. A lot of it’s pretty expensive, but it’s fun to look at, and they have sample tables!”

“Sample tables. Hm.”

The elevator came to a stop, and Peter frowned as the doors opened to the hallway to his room.

“We’re going down, JARVIS.”