Chapter 12

Fontaine walked over to the bridge. She needed to clear her head. To her utter surprise Finn stood there, staring at the ocean ahead.
"Hey?" She asked coming up next to him. "You ok?" She asked.
"Huh?" He turned to look at her. Her smile was warm and welcoming, he could tell she cared. "Yeah, just.."
"Thinking" she finished his sentence, smiling.
"Yeah" he blushed lightly as did she.
"We need to come up with a better plan"
"What did you have in mind?" He asked her. Fontaine opened her mouth to speak, suddenly the screen flashed.
Incoming Call
Finn looked just as confused as Fontaine did but nevertheless she accepted it. An old man was on the screen.
"Nereus?" Fontaine asked confused as to why the man of mysteries was calling.
"Hello Fontaine and...  Ah yes Finn"
"What? How do you know Finn?" Fontaine asked incredibly confused now.
"I know all" he replied.
"Oh right I forgot" Fontaine replied sarcastically and scowled.
"Now where are your parents?"
"You don't know all then" Fontaine smirked. Now it was Nereus's turn to be confused.
"What do you mean?"
"They've been kidnapped" Finn chimed in. Fontaine nodded.
"Oh no this is bad. Do you have the ephemycron?"
"Oh yes I've been meaning to ask you about that" Fontaine told him, "With the power of the seven seas I call you to me. Ephemycron here" The ephemycron appeared in her hands. Nereus looked impressed.
"You want to know about the powers?"
"Yes" the two teens said in unison. They chucked.
"Well, where do I begin?" Nereus began to list all the things Fontaine could do, which included Controlling Water, Breathing Underwater and controlling the monumentals. "Now if you use any of these powers for selfish gain your eyes will glow red and it will slowly turn you evil"
"Good to know" Fontaine smiled weakly.
"Now what I called you about. I need your help.."
"With what?"
"Proteus is back and he's intending to steal the ephemycron for himself.. You have to find him and turn him over to the Guardians"
"Yeah but I'm still confused about who the Guardians are.."
"Well we are protectors of the ocean and all that inhabit it"
"Ok and do you know where my family are?"
"Maybe. Maybe not. It's hard to say"
"NEREUS FOR ONCE COULD YOU GIVE ME A STRAIGHT ANSWER!!" Fontaine shouted, hurt and desperation echoing in her voice. Finn placed his arm around her, comforting her as Nereus responded.
"Well no. And I will send you Proteus's last coordinates" he hung up. The tears filled Fontaine's eyes, Finn pulled her in closer to him. She was crying into his chest. Her heart aching. Nereus knew where her family were, but he wouldn't tell her. But no matter how hard she tried she couldn't think of a reason he would keep it from her. Maybe he just wanted her to concentrate on finding Proteus, and catching him.
Message From Nereus
Fontaine opened it and the message flashed up on screen. She entered the coordinates into the computer and started driving towards them.
     This was going to be one adventure that she would never forget. Finn smiled down at her. She smiled back at him. Deep inside she was glad Finn was here. She didn't know what she'd do without him. As long as he was here, she knew she could do anything. Accomplish anything. Be anything. As long as Finn was there with her.