Pain Addiction

Y/n

You hang behind the rest of the group, not wanting to meet the two remaining members. It was nothing personal, you just knew it meant explaining your whole 'situation' again.

You round the corner, far behind the others, and a fist slams into your face. It hurts like hell but still you smile. Your attacker slams you into the wall and you gasp in pleasure as your head hits the brick. A hand tightens around your throat and you finally get a good look at your attacker. She had vibrant red hair and mesmerising green eyes.

"Hey, hey, woah, Nat let go, this is our friend, y/n"

The red head, who you now know is Nat, reluctantly let's go of you. You smile at her thankfully and she glares at you.

"Nat meet y/n, the newest avenger. Y/n meet Nat, the black widow."

You continue to smile at her and she just looks at you blankly. "Sorry"

You smirk. "Don't be. I should thank you."

A look of confusion flashes across her face but before she can speak, Clint interrupts her. "Hey don't forget about me"

"Oh yeah, this is bird boy" Tony adds sarcastically.

[...]

You hear a knock on your door and, before you can answer, someone slips in. It was Nat.

"Hey, I just wanted to.."

"Ask about before?" You finish for her.

She nods her head a bit sheepish.

"Pain addiction" you mumble.

She just nods, which I'm thankful for. She doesn't tell me to stop or tell me it will be ok, she just accepts it.

"Can I just ask why?" She questions cautiously.

"I- I guess it's because I'm craving something else, someone else. Someone to hold, someone to love and someone who loves me back. I just want this really badly and the only thing that takes away the need is pain."

She nods again and pulls you into a hug. You sit silently in her arms, comforted somehow by this stranger. You realise then that maybe, just maybe, you've found your someone.

Over the weeks you become more and more convinced that Nat is your Someone, even though she doesn't like you back.

[...]

You walk into the kitchen, a short sleeved shirt on. To anyone but Nat this was nothing special but, as soon as she saw it, she smiled happily. She pulled you back outside and looked at your wrists. You didn't complain about this as you knew she wouldn't judge you and anyway, you liked the feeling of her holding you. Her smile grew wider as she noticed that there were no new scars there.

"So what changed?" She asked.

You smile. "I think I found I found my person."

She hugs you tight and starts rambling about how amazing this. You just smile and watch as she rambled, it was a really cute sight.

[...]

You lie on the bathroom floor in a puddle of your own blood. You sigh I'm satisfaction as you feel the intense pain of the cuts on your stomach. You let out a scream, then curse. Someone would have heard that. A few seconds later the one person you really didn't want to walk in, walked in. Natasha. She stands there for a minute, frozen at the sight. You quickly tried to stand up but immediately fell back to the ground. She rushed forward and caught you before you hit the ground.

"Y/n" She whispered. "You never stopped did you?"

You shake your. "I just moved to my stomach."

"Why? I thought you found your person"

"I did"

"Then why?"

"You would never like me back so I gave up. For a while it was better but then I realised you would never love me back so the craving came back. I didn't want to disappoint you though so I hid it and pretended to be happier."

"Me?"

You smile. "Yes. I'm in love with you Nat"

A tear slips down her face. "But I do love y/n. I really do."

She leans forward and kisses you, a salty taste on her lips from the tears. You try to kiss back but your limbs won't respond. She notices this and pulls away, confused. She then sees that your whole body has gone limp and comes to her senses. She rushes you to the infirmary and from there it's all blank.

[...]

When you wake up, you feel your hand being gripped tightly by someone else's. You open your eyes and see Natasha. You stroke the back of her hand and squeeze it tighter. She looks over and smiles when she sees that your awake. She leans down and kisses you.

"This may be the wrong time but, y/n y/l/n will you be my girlfriend?"

You smile and quote shadowhunters. "Only if you'll be mine."

She smirks. "Well your feeling better then" she says referring to your shadowhunters reference.

[...]

Third person

Natasha walks into Nick Fury's office without bothering to knock.

"I won't do the mission" she says coldly.

"Well hello to you too and why not?" The director retorts.

"I can't leave y/n for that long."

"She's gonna have to cope on her own for a bit"

Nay growls at the director. "I. Am. Not. Doing. The. Mission."

The director smiles. "Yes. You. Are"

Nat calms herself. "I can't, if I do she'll start hurting herself again."

Fury looks shocked. "Oh O- Ok" he says simply.

Natasha walks out the room and smiles to herself. She walks to the room her and her girlfriend shared a slips in quietly.

Y/n

You lie on the bed grumpily. You hadn't moved since this morning. You had decided you were on strike because Nat was going away for a 3 week mission.

You feel the bed behind you sink but don't bother to turn around. Nat's arms wrap around your waist and she whispers in your ear, "I'm not going on the mission"

Your mood immediately brightens. You roll over and look up at her. "Really?"

She kisses you on the lips and nods. She lifts her arm up and you scoot closer and rest your head on her inner shoulder. She puts the arm down on your back and starts tracing random patterns with it. You sigh contentedly and wrap your arms around her waist.

You still found it funny how the one person who hadn't told life was gonna get better, made it better. A lot better.

A/n

There's a lot of time skips in this one, sorry. Also I don't know if people really can get addicted to pain and either way I really don't want to offend anyone so sorry if I made any mistakes.

As always please leave requests.

Thank youuuuu

Byeeeeeee