Drive

My hands
Wrapped around the stick shift
Swerving on the 405
I can never keep my eyes
off this

Your hand tightens around the gear stick as you switch lanes. The silence in the car threatens to choke you if it becomes any thicker. Betraying your will, your eyes flick to the redhead sat stiffly next to you. Once there, they cannot move away.

A loud horn sounds and your gaze jumps back to the road, only to find that you have swerved back into your previous lane. Your face flushes with embarrassment, yet the stoic assassin next to you says nothing. 

My neck
The feeling of your soft lips
Illuminated in the light
Bouncing off the exits signs
I missed

Your neck tingles and you subconsciously rub it, earning the attention of the redhead. She quickly looks away, however, when sh sees the red marks on your skin, caused by her lips.

You sneak a glance at the assassin, seconds after she looks away from you, and your vision settles on her lips. Slightly parted and lit by the dull streetlights, you want nothing more than to kiss them. But you don't.

All we do is Drive
All we do is
think about the feelings that we hide
All we do is
Sit in silence waiting for a sign
Sick and full of pride
All we do is, Drive

You pull into the small drive of the safe house and park up, pulling up the hand break. Still silent, Natasha climbs out the. Battered car, taking her bags with her. Not waiting for you, she speed-walks into the house and dumps her stuff in the bedroom you would be sharing.

And California never felt like home to me
Until i had you on the open road
And now we're singing

Scanning the small room, you saw that it was quite disheveled and old. It wasn't exactly a home but, as long as Natasha was there with you, it would be fine.

Ah, Ah, Ah-ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah
Ah, Ah, Ah-ah, ah, ah
Ah,ah, ah-ah, ah, ah, ah, ah
Ah, ah, ah-ah, ah, ah

You lay at the very edge of the double bed you and Nat were sharing, back facing the redhead. She was mirroring your actions, having no desire to confront you.

Your laugh
Echoes down the hallway
Carves into my hollow chest
Spreads over the emptiness
It's bliss

Memories of when the two of you would freely, joke around and tease each watch other bypass your defences and swarm your brain. They flood your hollow body with happiness, disappointment following close behind.

It's so
Simple but we can't stay
Overanalyse again
Would it really kill you if we
Kissed

Then came that day, that day where the two of you messed it up. Destroyed everything you had. All done with one kiss, leading to many more.

All we do is drive
All we do is
Think about the feelings that we hide
All we do is
Sit in silence waiting for a sign
Sick and full of pride
All we do is, Drive

And you hadn't spoken since, even if you couldn't keep your eyes off her. Then a few mumbled words had been said, purely for a mission. A mission that had gone sideways, causing you to end up here, laying low for a few days.

And California never felt like home to me
Until I had you on the open road
And now we're singing

You finally roll over and face her, eyes boring into her back.

"It was a mistake," Is all you say, before rolling back over and staring at the wall blankly.

She doesn't respond, doesn't show any sign that she's even heard you. She just gazes at the other side of the room, contemplating your words.

Ah, Ah, Ah-ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah
Ah, Ah, Ah-ah, ah, ah
Ah,ah, ah-ah, ah, ah, ah, ah
Ah, ah, ah-ah, ah, ah

"Bullshit" She says loudly, knowing she was right.

You roll back over slowly and find her already facing you. Your (E/C) eyes meet her piercing green ones and stay there, trying to figure the other woman out.

Somehow, in the same way as that night a few days ago, your lips end up on hers, crushing them. There is no easing in to the kiss, its been all or nothing from the word go.

"I like you, and you like me too. That's not a mistake" Natasha says, once shes touched her lips to yours again.

"And it never will be" You respond, slightly dazed.

"Good"

A/n

So this is a song!fic based on the song Drive by Halsey. Ill leave it at the top.
I hope this was ok.

Please leave requests

Thank youuuu

Byeeee