Hockey game for two

Your eyes narrow as you bounce lightly on the balls of your feet, eyes boring into the poor girl preparing to hit the ball. Your gaze flicks to the redhead at the top of the 'D.' Somewhere in the back of your brain, your register that she was extremely pretty, and just your type.

You knew her, of course, everyone did. She was Natasha Romanoff, the hard hitter- extremely hard hitter. She had almost put a few girls in hospital.

This didn't stop you running straight at her once the short corner started. Your legs burned from the first half, yet you still sprinted at her.

She smoothly received the ball and dribbled easily towards you, not your put off by your presence.

She performed a quick V-drag and was past you in seconds, which, even if you would never admit it, frustrated you- more than you liked. She made a powerful hit and the ball slammed into the back of your net. You sighed in frustration and glared at the back of her head as she walked back to her side.

Your upfront takes the ball and completely flunks the pass. The redhead steals the ball and dashes forward towards your 'D.' You sprint after her, not managing to catch up. She reaches the 'D' and everyone moves back, not wanting to get hit by the ball. You- being the absolute idiot you are- dive forward and snatch the ball off her.

Her hockey stick connects with you foot and you trip over it, falling flat in your face. You scramble back up and see the ball rolling away from the redhead. You dash towards it, missing the astounded yet worried look on Natashas face, and sprint up the pitch, taking the ball with you.

But the second you put weight on the foot she hit, it collapses and you crumple to the floor, not getting back up. Natasha jogs over, worry etched in her face. She prods you with her foot and, when you don't respond, crouches down and leans over you.

"You ok?" She asks. You let out long groan and roll over, eyes widening when you see her face inches from yours.

"What?" You mumble, slightly dazed. "Woah, the suns bright." She rolls her eyes, a small smile upturning the corners of her lips.

"Well duh" she responds, laughter in her voice. You heave yourself off the ground, another groan escaping your lips. "Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah. Where do you think you're going?"

"Up" you say through tight lips.

"What, into the sky?" She teases. You go to slap her lightly, but completely miss and fall onto your back again. She giggles, a sound you would never expect to come from her, ands slip her arms under you, lifting you easily.

Sh carries you, bridal style, off the Astro and all the way to the health centre. The nurse just tells you to lie down on a bed and stay there. So, complaining all the way, you hobble to one of the lumpy mattress and awkwardly lie down.

A loud sigh escapes your lips and your eyes flutter closed, not registering the redhead sat next you.

When you wake up, she is still there, staring at you worriedly.

"What're you doing here?" You groan. A smirk graces her face and she scoffs.

"Just wanted to make sure you didn't die on me" she teases.

"Aww, were you worried?" You shoot back. She huffs and looks down, but you still catch a good enough glimpse of her eyes to see the truth. She was. "It's ok. I get it. Everyone loves me. Why wouldn't you be worried about me?"

She shoves you playfully, yet worry still gleams in her piercing eyes. Her hair curls perfectly around her face, framing it. A thick silence settled over the two of you, though you are to consumed staring at her perfect jawline and adorable nose to notice.

"Umm so," her voice startles you and you almost collide heads with her, "I was wondering if you, umm, wanted to, uh, go out for, umm, coffee or something."

"Are you, the Natasha Romanoff, asking me out?" She nods sheepishly and you can't help the smile that lights up your face. "I would love to."

And you do. You spend hours and hours in a small coffee shop on Saturday, only to return next week and do the same. It wasn't long before you made it official and, by then, everyone in the school knew about the two of you. People were surprised, to say the least, but you didn't care, neither of you did, you were happy.

A/n

That last sentence is sooooo cliche. So I don't know if you play hockey in your school but I do and I just had this idea and wanted to do it.

Please leave requests

Thank youuuuu

Byeeeee