Chapter 49: Follow Him!

Sorry for the filler chapters, they're necessary for what I have planned for the future :) 

oOo

Veronica felt quite guilty sitting in the Room of Requirement waiting for Draco, knowing there was a very important Quidditch game about to go down between Gryffindor and Slytherin. 

When Harry came up to her this morning hoping she would be by the pitch to watch and cheer him on, she feigned illness and unwillingly told him she wished she could be there. She almost went back on her words once seeing the visible disappointment in her boyfriend's eyes. 

He kissed her on the cheek and sent her off to bed straight away, claiming he wouldn't be able to focus on anything else if he knew she was on her feet all day.  

Now while she's sitting in the quiet, cluttered room - her thoughts were drifting back to the lies she was telling, guilt flooding through her. 

Her distraction arrived shortly though, prying her attention to the frail Slytherin boy, striding over to the wardrobe with a determined look on his face. 

"No small talk today then?" her soft voice surprising Draco, reminding him that she was there. 

"Huh?" he asks, causing her to chuckle slightly at his confused, misty eyes as he quickly glanced over to Veronica, the girl still sitting on the sofa with a relaxed posture. 

"Good morning, Draco. Sleep well?" The question shocking him, as he wasn't used to someone show an actual genuine interest in his well-being. 

He sighed, slouching slightly in defeat as his mind drifted back to the nightmares and images constantly projected into his mind of what could happen if he failed this mission. 

A soft shake of his head was all she got as an answer. 

Veronica's eyes softened as she saw the heavy dark circles around her new friend's eyes. She stood and made her way to a rusty gramophone across the room, feeling Draco watching her as she did. 

Gentle, and slightly scratchy orchestra music started playing around the room as she turned back around now heading to stand right next to him, scanning the large daunting wardrobe in front of them. 

Resting her hand on the blond's shoulder, she pulled out her wand and a small piece of parchment with a list of spells she had looked for in the library in her spare time. 

"I haven't had much time to look, but here are a few older less known spells that may help you out, I've never really heard of them before so who knows what will happen." 

There was silence for a moment, the only sounds they could hear was the whispers of strings and old brass from the record. 

"It's worth a try I guess," Draco said, glancing up to look at her, a grateful and content gaze on his face. 

"Thank you, Veronica." 

oOo

 "Luna was hilarious, she knew very little about the actual game but I could listen to her talk all day!" Hermione explained to Veronica, the Hufflepuff not really paying attention, staring straight at Harry, who was knocked out on a medical bed in front of her. 

"Sorry Hermione but could you just tell me exactly how Harry managed to crack open his skull?" she interrupted, reminding her friend of the injured boy they were visiting. 

"McClaggen. He got impatient, snatched a beater's club and whacked the bludger into the back of Harry's head," Ginny's voice from behind them appeared as she walked to the other seat beside the bed. 

Ron, who was still in the Hospital Wing in his bed, spoke up at this point "I could hear the excitement through the open window, Luna was definitely great to listen to. Although I didn't really know what was going in." 

Hermione and Ron got into a conversation once again about the new commentator for the Quidditch match, but Harry's eyes flickering open caught Veronica's attention first. 

"Hey there, how are you feeling?" Veronica murmured towards him, careful not to make any loud or sudden sounds to disturb his still mending bone. 

Veronica's soft voice calmed him down, as he tried to reach to her, but an unfamiliar feeling rocked his mind and made him jump slightly. 

Once his vision cleared slightly he glanced down to see his hand was being held by Ginny, seemingly unknowingly as she drifts her gaze from where she was inspecting his wound, down to their conjoined hands and she quickly flinched away, letting go suddenly. 

He frowned, confused by what had just happened, trying to focus back on his beautiful girlfriend, who was sifting her hands through his hair, stroking his forehead with her thumb. 

"Yea, I've, um lived through worse," he paused for a second but continued, "uh actually...how bad is it?" 

She giggled at his lack of knowledge yet feeling as though he still had to downplay the injuries, and kissed him on the cheek. 

"A slight crack on your head, you have definitely been through worse babe," she informs him, the two sharing amused and loving eye contact.  

Hermione now turned from talking to Ron, "Speaking of, you're never usually that distracted during a game, Harry. Anything on your mind?" she questions, curiously. 

Harry sighed, his eyes furrowed as he thinks back to what he saw before the game. 

"Malfoy was walking towards the castle with these two young girls that I've never really seen around, I wanted to follow him, I bet he was going to his hidden room where he spends most of his time," the boy explains, causing an exchanging of tired looks throughout his friends.  

Veronica avoids eye contact with him, fiddling with the bedsheets while the Gryffindors in the room try to answer Harry's ramblings. 

"It's not like you can have eyes and ears on him the entire time!" Ron exclaims, triggering an idea in the boy's mind. 

Next thing she knew a loud pop filled the air and two familiar house-elves appeared on the end of  Harry's bed, Dobby hanging off of Kreacher, squabbling and yelling at him.  

"Dobby!" everyone almost yelled in unison, making the house-elves realise that they had changed locations and were now at Hogwarts in front of the very person they were previously fighting about. 

"Harry Potter!"- "Master," they greeted him, one in a very excited upbeat tone, the other grumbling miserably. 

"Kreacher was saying very bad things about Harry Potter and his friends! Dobby has been trying to stop him, but now Kreacher and Dobby are here!" the happy elf always trying to seek affirmation from Harry. 

"That's um, great, Dobby, listen I want you to do something important for me-" he was interrupted once again by the elf jumping for joy. 

"Listen, I want you two to follow Draco Malfoy. Wherever he goes, and whoever he talks to, let me know," Harry paused for a second before turning to Kreacher in particular. "Draco is not allowed to know about this either!" 

Kreacher grumbled something about how he wished the Malfoy's were his masters before both elves took off with another pop. 

Dread filled Veronica as she realised that Draco had no idea he was going to be constantly stalked, and who knew what would happen if she got caught sneaking in or out of the Room of Requirement with said Slytherin. 

oOo