Chapter 2

Kai

    "So why did Cole want to see his dad again?" asked Nya turning around to look at Kai.
    "He said he wanted to talk to his father about the bracelet. He feels like there's some sort of connection between it and his family." Kai explained.
    Jay looked quite irritated when Kai explained this. "So he's just gonna ditch us like that? Over a bracelet? And then he's gonna leave us to deal with this random person who took Wu?"
    Nya came to comfort Jay. "It's okay, Kai and I understand what it's like when it comes to family. He's probably confused and wants answers. We can look for Wu without him."
    Jay stopped to think and nodded.
    Kai couldn't help but to agree. When he got the slightest hint of the possibility that their parents could be alive, it was the only thing he could think of. He can't imagine what it feels like for Cole; at least Kai and his sister know their parents are alive and they actually met them. For Cole, he only knows his dad, and he's assumed that his mother passed away earlier in his life. Though he doesn't really have a biological family, Kai's glad he has him and his brothers.
    To be honest, the fire ninja liked Cole, more than a friend or a brother. He's kind and caring, even if he looks kinda scary. He'll sacrifice anything to protect the people he loves. The way he bravely fights for the safety of Ninjago, the solid rock foundation of the team. Understanding, honest, strong, hot, there's no one else so perfect. Kai admired every part of his brother, best friend, crush, but he's sure Cole doesn't like him back in that way.
    "Kai, you okay?"
    He looked up to see Lloyd staring at him with worry printed on his face.
    "W-what?"
    "You were staring into space for a while and you wouldn't snap out of it." Lloyd explained.
    "Oh, yeah, sorry just thinking about Wu."
    "K', cause' we're here so get ready."
    Kai put his hood over his head and ran to the ladder where the ninja were on the lower deck.
    Peering down, the jagged, rocky mountains stuck out of the ground like his hair.
    The others jumped off the deck summoning their dragons. Before he jumped he looked back where Nya was pressing buttons, staring intently on the screen.
    Kai took his hood off as he walked back to the ladder and climbed up."You're not coming with us?"
    "No, someone's gotta watch over this big girl." replied Nya smiling.
    "Okay, just be careful." Kai said, hugging his sister.
    Nya hugged back "What could possibly go wrong? I'm not even in the action with you guys," she let go of the hug and looked at Kai who was staring blankly again. "Kai, what's wrong? Ever since Cole left you've been staring into space."
    "Sorry, just being protective I guess. Worrying about you and Cole and Sensei Wu,"
    Nya put a hand on his shoulder. "We'll be fine. Just find Sensei Wu with the rest of the team."
    Nya smiled at her brother. He returned the smile.
    "I'll let you know if Cole comes back."
    "Thanks sis."
    Kai jumped off the deck as his fiery dragon appeared, orange, red, and yellow flames flying out like a Phoenix.
    He quickly located his brothers running towards the Samurai X Cave, since it was the closest thing to Wu.
    "Took you long enough. What were you doing?" asked Jay as Kai caught up.
    "Just checking on my sister." Kai replied drawing his red swords from his back.
    Jay chuckled. "She'll be fine."
    "I know."
    Zane pressed the hidden button on the skeleton and the sharp jaws of the dead animal rose from the sand. The 5 ninjas ran inside down the stone staircase. Kai's still amazed on how technically advanced the cave was when Nya built it a while back. They haven't been here in a while, now that the suit belongs to Pixal.
    The cave yawned before them as they emerged from the stairs. Pixal seemed to have updated the technology since the last time Kai saw it. The vehicles were no longer red, but a bright blue with golden streaks here and there. She seemed to have added more computers allowing her to do more, for the technology in Ninjago was growing, especially with Cyrus Borg being her father.
    Zane and Pixal went over to one of the computers, typing and pressing buttons that controlled the security cameras. Kai, Lloyd, and Jay walked over to see a man dressed in black enter the cave, carrying a moving sack over their shoulder.
    "That's the person!" shouted Kai pointing at the screen.
    "Yes, we can assume that based on your description. But how did he find a way to get in? The button is well hidden." wondered Zane looking at Pixal.
    Pixal frowned. "I am not sure. He must have stumbled upon it accidentally trying to take shelter."
    Kai thought he heard a muffling sound come from the corner of the cave. The ninja's voices slowly faded away as he walked closer to the darkened spot, where a few wooden boxes were piled. Moving a box, he saw Sensei Wu, hands tied behind his back with a piece of silver tape over his mouth.
    "Oh my gosh! Guys! I found him!" Kai shouted looking behind him.
    Zane stopped mid sentence when he and the rest of the team ran over to look.
    Kai was moving the boxes out of the way so his brothers could carry Sensei out. Jay carefully peeled the silver tape off his face.
    "Who would do this to you?" Jay asked as soon as he got the tape off.
    Instead of replying, Sensei Wu pointed behind them. "Ninja look out!"
    Kai turned around as a teenage boy, the one who was seen on the security camera, draw a sword from his back. Kai, mirroring the action clashed blades with the stranger. He looked older, but only by two years most. He had black hair, just as black as Nya's, and deep brown eyes.
    Kai was struggling to hold the position, for he was strong, strong like Cole.
    Jay came in and side kicked him in the side, taking the weight off Kai. The stranger flew sideways, gracefully flipping then doing a back handspring, easily landing back on his feet. Zane, coming in on the action tried to freeze his feet in place but missed as he jumped out of the way, doing a front flip.
    Show off.
    Before the stranger landed, Kai shot a burst of fire from his hands, but the unknown person hit the ground, rocks coming from the ground and rising to shield Kais fire. Kai's eyes widened in surprise.
    It can't be.
    Lloyd came from behind, holding him down. The stranger struggled to break free but failed, for the Green Ninja had part of Cole's super strength. He ripped the mask down, revealing his face. He looked identical to Cole, minus the fact he looked older.
    Does Cole have a brother? If so why did he take Sensei?
    "Who are you? And why did you take our sensei?" Lloyd asked glaring into the stranger's eyes with intensity.
    The stranger, looking back into Lloyd's golden-green eyes replied, "He has answers."
    "Answers to what?"
    He struggled to get out of the uncomfortable position of Lloyd on top of him.
    "Answers to resurrecting my mother."
    "Well that was random," Jay said breaking the moment. Kai nodded in agreement.
    Pixal came over and scanned the boy.
    "Based off your facial and physical features, you seem to be related to Cole."
    Kai was shocked.
    So he does have a brother...
    "Cole? Is he here?" he struggled to say as he wiggled under Lloyd's grasp.
    "Let him go, Lloyd. He has some explaining to do." remarked Zane, walking over to help the relative of Cole stand up.
    "No, I am afraid not. He went to visit your father."
    The brother widened his eyes in shock.
    "Cole and my dad, they're still here?"
    "Yes," Zane replied. "We should be heading over there now, since we found Sensei Wu."
    "Would it be okay if I come? I haven't seen my dad and Cole in... a while." the older teen said slowly, looking up at the ninja with pleading eyes.
    Zane put a hand on his shoulder. "Of course. What is your name?"
    "Ethan."
    Zane smiled. "Nice to meet you. Sorry we met this way."
    "It's okay, I was just so desperate for answers." Ethan responded taking the blame.
    Kai was still confused. He didn't understand why Ethan was never with Cole in the first place and why he just now showed up.
Wanting more background information, he pushed his way from the back of the group to be seen.
    "So, uh, why were you never here before?" Kai asked trying not to be rude.
    "Well my mom and I were sent a letter from our relatives that they needed us and it was urgent. We didn't know why, but we set off to Ninjago City on foot. I remember Cole's face when we were leaving. I didn't mean to make him feel like I didn't care but it was too hard for me to look at my family,"
    Kai felt horrible. He understood what it was like to have no family and they leaving you, but to have to leave them?
    Ethan continued. "Unfortunately, my mom and I ran into the skeleton army. Apparently they needed a sacrifice to bring Lord     Garmadon back. The sacrifice had to be an Oni, or at least half Oni, and my mother was half,"
    "Ohhhh, so that's why Cole was able to survive the darkness when he fell." Jay suddenly noticed, interrupting Ethan.
    Kai smacked him in the back of the head, but then realizing he probably would do the same.
    Ethan didn't seem irritated, but confused.
    Kai noticed this and said, "We'll explain later. But that means you and Cole are one-fourth Oni?"
    Zane nodded. "Correct."
    "Mhm, so they took us hostage and eventually they... killed my mother."
    Tears were starting to form in his dark chocolate eyes. Kai walked over to Ethan putting an arm around his shoulder.
    "It's okay, I understand."
    "You do?" Ethan looked up at Kai with watery eyes.
    "Yeah. Me and my sister were without parents for most of our lives. It was up to me to take care of my baby sister, even if she took care of me sometimes." the fire ninja said, scratching the back of his neck.
    Ethan smiled.
    "But you just hafta be strong for the family you have." Kai finished. He knew he wasn't so good at being soft, but it comes out every once and awhile.
    The others were staring wide-eyed at Kai who shrugged and hugged Ethan tighter to show his support.
    "Thank you." Ethan finally said to Kai pulling away.
    "Sure."
    "Based off the history of Ninjago, why didn't Lord Garmadon become mortal until later after the ninja defeated Samukai and his army?" Pixal asked.
    Ethan shrugged his shoulders. "Dunno. I was locked in a cell when they did that."
    "Why don't we fill Ethan in on everything else on the way to Lou's." Lloyd suggested.
    They all followed Lloyd out of the Samurai X Cave. Pixal looked back at the rocks that grew in the middle of the base. Zane noticing took his hand in hers.
    "Don't worry, I will make sure to assist in cleaning that with you."
    Pixal smiled.
    "Thank you."

Awww Pixane is pretty cute. Their so innocent hehe. But ya Cole's brother was the captor woah I'm shooketh. I had fun writing this especially when the action came in place.