Chapter 20

Kai

Five days later...

By the time the ninja made it home, it was pretty late at night. They unloaded all their things and settled in the monastery, putting dirty clothes in the wash and reorganizing their backpacks.
     Cole and Kai decided to tell the others they had become an item the day after they confessed, and surprise surprise, almost everyone already knew. They all sort of suspected it, except for Lloyd who had his own love problems.
     The two boys did get a lot of alone time together while traveling back, many of which consisted of cuddles and video games. It was nice, finally being able to sit back and relax, stopping the Overlord from potentially retaking possession of Ninjago.
     They had dropped Abigail off at Lou's, breaking the news to Cole's father about Ethan. The Brookestones has their time to dwell on Ethan's death, but pulled it together in the end. Cole promised to visit them soon, all joining into a group hug before waving goodbye.
     Kai opened the door to his room, scanning the surroundings and throwing his bag in a corner. It looked exactly the way he left it, not the most organized but clean enough to get around.
     Cole came from behind and wrapped his arms around Kai, nuzzling his face in the crook of his neck.
      "You need to organize your room. It's so messy." Cole's words were muffled.
       "Nah I don't wanna. I don't have OCD like you."
       Kai's boyfriend whined. "But I can't share a room with someone who can't organize."
      Kai chuckled and rested his head on Cole's chest. "You have issues."
      "Whatever."
      Kai turned around and pushed a few strands of stray hair from Cole's face. He twisted the soft, thick locks in between his fingers while resting his arms on Cole's shoulders and touched his forehead to his, having to stand on his toes a little.
      "Have I ever told you how beautiful your eyes are?"
      Cole blushed and looked down. Kai smirked.
       "You're blushing."
       "No I'm not." Cole denied.
       "Yes you are."
        "Am not."
        Kai placed his lips on Cole's to keep him from arguing. Cole blushed even more.
        "You just got even redder."
        "Shut up."
         Kai laughed and pulled Cole closer. "I'm your boyfriend, I'm supposed to make you blush."
        "Not necessarily." Cole smiled and got out of Kai's grip. He wasn't going to have it, so he grabbed Cole's shoulders and turned him around. "Where do you think you're going rockyboy?"
       "Um, cleaning your room?"
       Kai rolled his eyes. "Fine, but you don't have to."
       "Nah I wanna. Besides I can't sleep when it's like this."
       He walked over to Kai's desk and picked up a book. Alarmed, the red ninja ran over and grabbed it, putting it behind his back.
       "Kai's diary?" Cole asked and smiled.
       Kai blushed and fiddled with the pages.
        "Look who's blushing now." the fire ninja sunk his shoulders in, red tint spreading across his lightly freckled cheeks.
       "I- how did you- it's in mandarin!"
       "I can read mandarin hot-head."
        "Oh. I didn't know that."
       Cole winked which made Kai's stomach drop.
        "Learn something new everyday." the earth ninja stated and started to clean.
       Kai groaned and shoved the book in his closet. "Can we just not clean right now?"
       Cole shook his head while picking up clothes that covered the floor. "You can at least help by picking up your clothes." Cole retorted and threw a red sweatshirt at Kai's face.
       "Finee."

       By the time they finished, it was around 12:30, and Kai had uncovered a lot of things that magically went missing. The two cuddled together underneath Kai's red, fluffy blanket. He loved how safe he felt when he was around Cole, warm and fuzzy, the earth ninja's strong arms cradling his smaller body. He loved the way Cole's eyes reflected the light, and how caring he was. He loved how soft his hair felt between his fingers, and how his tanned skin glowed underneath the sunlight. Let's just say Kai loved every single part of him, his personality, looks, everything.
      Kai looked at Cole's peaceful face. He kissed his nose and nestled deeper into his boyfriend's chest, earning a tighter hug from Cole. Kai loved his scent; it really reflected how sweet he was.