Chapter 6

Lloyd

"Son, wake up. Uncle Wu and I have something to tell you."
Lloyd woke to his mother shaking his arm gently, her grey braid moving back and forth as she shook him. The green ninja rubbed his golden-green eyes sleepily.
"Hm? What's up?" Lloyd said with little energy.
"Just come to the library. It's important."
Misako stopped shaking Lloyd and walked swiftly out of his room. Lloyd turned over on his side, arms dangling off the edge of the bed. He let out a groan and sat up, looking out the window. Thick, grey clouds covered the blue sky, letting no light peep through. He wished it was a nice day where he and the team could enjoy summer, going to the beach till sunset and eat sweets. However, now's not the time, they have to save Cole's mother. Lloyd swung his legs over the bed and yawned as he stood up. He slowly walked to his bedroom door, turning the copper, round knob. The green ninja walked down the hall slowly, still yawning and rubbing his eyes. He reached the clear double doors to the library. Glancing at the clock above it, the minute hand read forty-two while the hour six.
What could possibly be this important to wake me up so early? The guys and girls aren't even awake yet.
Sighing, Lloyd grasped the handle and walked into the library. The aroma of his uncle's bitter green tea drifted to his nose.
"Young nephew come sit. We have news for you." Sensei Wu patted a red pillow in between himself and Garmadon's wife. Lloyd came over to sit in front of the low, circular table, glancing at all the ancient scrolls spread out in front of him.
"What is it?" Lloyd asked taking the first scroll.
"Misako and I have possibly found another way to make a ghost mortal." Wu explained to his nephew.
"The scrolls read that it is achievable to bring a ghost back to its physical form, without having to go to the Departed Realm." Misako pointed to a scroll on Lloyd's left, dragging her finger across the ancient writing.
"It states that a special leaf found on the Dark Island can be brewed into a tea to bring a ghost's soul from the Departed Realm back to its original state. Either the ghost can drink it or the person can right before they pass." Misako educated, glancing back and forth between Lloyd and the scroll. Lloyd thought to himself for a second, trying to recall any moments he could remember about this 'special leaf'.
"Wait, isn't that the tea Samukai used to heal Dr. Julien before he died?"
Misako put her hand on her chin, looking up to the ceiling. Sensei Wu answered Lloyd's question instead.
"Yes, it is called Ressurectea, but it is deep in a jungle named Maze of the Unknown. No one has entered it, so if we are going with this option, we are treading on unexplored parts." Lloyd looked at his uncle with a worried expression. He hated facing the unknown, even if he's supposed to be the all-great-and-brave green ninja. He knows his father taught him to not let fear control him, but the thought alone sends chills down his spine.
Lloyd looked at his master and uncle, seeking advice from this well experienced man. "What do you think I should do Sensei? I mean, both ways are dangerous, but we know nothing about the jungle. Going to the Departed Realm may be difficult, knowing that there aren't any more dragons in Ninjago, and the Realm Crystal was destroyed. Our elemental dragons can't travel between realms, and we can't get in contact with the Hunters."
The green ninja's uncle just stared at him, thinking if he should let the leader of the group decide, or their master.
"As the leader of your team, I will let you decide, it is the only way for you to learn." Sensei Wu simply stated as he got up from the pillow.
"That is all nephew, you shall discuss this with the rest of the team during breakfast." Sensei Wu gently grabbed the teapot, small tendrils of smoke jerked back from the sudden graceful movement. He exited through the clear double doors while Misako put a hand on Lloyd's shoulder as reassurance, her smile saying 'I have faith in you', as she got up from the pillow to leave the room. Lloyd gave her a half smile in return, looking back at the scrolls. He frowned. He didn't want to make the wrong choice. He didn't want to put his brothers and sisters in danger. What if someone got seriously hurt, or worse. What if they lost someone going into the jungle? Even if this happened a while back, Harumi's harmful words echoed in his mind, 'How many times has Ninjago fallen under your watch?' Lloyd shook his head, trying not to believe the girl he loved had become such a monster. He pushed the memory away, thinking back to the important decision he had to make.
It did seem like less of a hassle to enter the unknown, but they already knew what the Departed Realm had in store for them. They'd just have to find another way to travel in between the sixteen realms. Lloyd shut his eyes and thought hard. He opened them again and read the ancient writing embedded in the brown paper. The special leaf was called Departed Leaf. It's appearance was ghostly white with barely visible light green veins on the edges. The leaf smelled of mint, lavender, and basil all combined into one, making it a very calming scent. It could only be brewed with the water of the Black River, the only source of clean liquid in the entire jungle. It also has to be poured from a teapot made of the crystals in the Temple of Light.
Makes sense, the Temple of Light symbolizes energy and life. I wonder if Cole can make stuff using his element.
Lloyd thought more, thinking and thinking until he stood up and walked to the doors, finally deciding.

Lloyd had stayed in the living room while waiting for the rest to wake up. He was reading a book peacefully, his left leg draped on his right while his long, blonde hair covered those brilliant green eyes. Finally, he heard voices in the dining room, meaning the ninja had woken. He folded a corner in his book and placed it on the small table next to the couch. Lloyd walked over to the doorway and into the kitchen. Zane had made croissants that morning, one for each ninja, in exception for Cole who had three. He didn't understand how the ice ninja was able to make food so quickly, and so good! But he is a nindroid, and you can't argue with that.
Lloyd took a chair and pulled it next to his mom, taking the croissant on the corner of the counter. The usual conversations filled the room, aside from the 'good morning's' the green ninja got from his teammates. After finishing the delicious pastry, Lloyd stood up to grab everyone's attention. His brothers and sisters directed their consciousness to their leader, the loud discussions slowly stopping. Lloyd looked over at his uncle who nodded.
"This morning my mom, Sensei Wu, and I had a talk dealing with the issue of waiting till' October to resurrect Abigail. Fortunately, we did find a way, but it's dangerous." Lloyd paused, looking about the confused faces that eyed him.
"So you're saying we don't have to wait till' October afterall?" Cole asked, interrupting Lloyd. Kai playfully smacked him in the back of the head.
"Cole! Let him speak!"
"Hehe sorry."
Lloyd smiled in return.
"Anyways, I have decided we won't have to find a way to the Departed Realm, and use this alternate path instead. An ancient scroll said that a leaf on the Dark Island can be brewed into Ressurectea, healing the person or ghost that drinks it." he finished, once again scanning the room of curious faces. The room fell silent; everyone was lost in their thoughts, debating on whether they should side with Lloyd. Zane was the first to speak.
"It seems like the only option we have. We are unable to travel between realms at the moment, and I do not mind going on another adventure." Zane smiled while thinking of all the voyages they completed together.
Jay beamed.
"Yeah! I don't either. May I remind you how many times we kicked evils' butt!?"
"And saved Ninjago from total destruction?" added Kai.
"My mom seems okay with me and Ethan to go along," Cole declared smiling at Lloyd. "but are you okay with that big bro?" he continued, looking at his older brother for an answer. Ethan nodded without hesitation.
"Yeah sure. Seems like fun."
"Okay so is everyone alright with this?" the green ninja asked. The ninja team nodded with confidence.
Nya got up from the table. "Let's go pack our bags!"
A series of footsteps on wood stampeded down the hall of the monastery, the sound of doors closing shortly after. Only Lloyd, Misako, and Sensei Wu remained. Even if his brothers and sisters agreed, Lloyd was still unsure about his decision without the approval of his uncle and mother.
"Uncle Wu," Lloyd started. The ninja master looked at Lloyd, smiling.
"Did I, choose the right choice?" the young leader looked at his wise uncle seeking his endorsement. He slowly nodded while smiling.
"It seems like the others are happy with it, then so am I. Go with your instinct. I trust you." Misako smiled at her son. Lloyd felt more whole, like he didn't let anyone down. He backed away slowly, bowing to his uncle and mother, showing the respect and honor of hearing his uncle's wise words. A small smile crept its way on his face as he ran down the hall to his room to pack for the big adventure.

Yup finally the story's starting up.