Chapter Seven ~ Typical Eff-Boy

Credit to breathtaking__ for the steamy cover above! (fanning myself)

Thanks to diordrabbles for making me laugh in Chapter Six, I realize all of my readers still have trust issues after High School Hit List 😂😂

Have you guys seen the character aesthetics posted (just after the intro chapter)? ahh it was so exciting to make them. I hope you enjoy chapter seven (and felix 😉 )

 I hope you enjoy chapter seven (and felix 😉 )

I tried to stall.

"You don't exactly seem like the type, Felix," I said with a flirtatious tone. "But color me impressed. You're more of a gentleman than I thought."

Why wasn't he going to the party? Or was he, and this was his strange way of inviting me? It seemed too open-ended to be right.

"Of course, Josie, you didn't think I'd just flirt with you for two weeks and not do anything about it, did you?"

I narrowed my eyes. What was he playing at?

"Okay. Let's just say I have low expectations. Pick me up at eight. Plan something... fun."

I could only hope Penelope didn't fire me.

When I got home from class, I suddenly entered a panic. It was very clear to me that Felix couldn't pick me up from my place, I'd gone to so much effort to project myself as one of them, wearing Penelope's designer clothes and pretending money wasn't a problem to me. If Felix picked me up from here, then all would be proven wrong.

The only solution I had was to go to Penelope's building and pretend I lived in a different apartment. Maybe one of the huge units on the ground floor. I could wait out the front when he came around. It was that, or maybe Sebastian's house, but I wasn't about to explain my situation to him.

Reluctantly I started throwing together a bag. I was too scared to text Penelope, hoping I'd divulge enough information from an evening with Felix to make missing out on the secret winter party worth it. She was probably flying between European fashion capitals now, anyway. As I grabbed an outfit from my wardrobe, I saw the envelope. The one from mom I'd discarded days ago. Something within me guided my hands, and before I knew it I was packing it too.