Chapter Eleven ~ Word Count

Thank you to AuroraWalker356 for the graphic above 💗

Comment of Chapter Ten goes to ladymacbethian!

also, I've uploaded a playlist of some of the songs I listened to a lot while writing, but I also wanna make one made up of the songs you guys think fit the story too! go visit the chapter (part 2 of the story) and add any songs, I can't wait to u...

also, I've uploaded a playlist of some of the songs I listened to a lot while writing, but I also wanna make one made up of the songs you guys think fit the story too! go visit the chapter (part 2 of the story) and add any songs, I can't wait to update it with more ❤️ ...I'm also already writing bonus chapters to post at the end for y'all because uploading to you guys is so fun!

I'm also already writing bonus chapters to post at the end for y'all because uploading to you guys is so fun!

Felix adjusted the aperture of his lens, scrunching his left eye shut and biting his lip.

"Hey," I said, startling him. He was perched on the handrail of the deck we'd eaten on last night, his camera pointed to the ocean.

"Hi, Josie." He pointed the camera to me, hesitating before twisting the focus and the shutter sounded.

I poked my tongue at him and sat on the outdoor sofa. It was strange seeing the beach house in the morning light. After hearing parts of Felix and Cole's conversation, I'd heard the floorboard creak and retreated back to the bed, waiting to hear Felix's footsteps return. But I hadn't. He'd never returned, and I'd fallen asleep sometime before the sun had risen.

"Where did you go last night?" I asked. I could hear Poppy and Jada laughing from the kitchen and the aroma of coffee as they prepared breakfast. Cole had been sitting on the counter on his phone as I'd walked past.

"I'm really sorry about that," he said, grimacing. "I should have said something. I wanted to take pictures this morning, at sunrise. I didn't want to wake you when I got up."

I nodded, but red flags planted themselves in my mind. He'd snuck off to talk with Cole, but what did that mean? I was already mentally preparing notes for Penelope.

"Did you get anything cool?"

Felix joined me and started flipping through photos on his camera to show me. He did take photos at sunrise.