Chapter Twenty-Five ~ Intervention

Ahh guys the last chapter goes live THIS FRIDAY. because it's the very last one I'll *actually* set the time to Friday the 27th of September 10pm ACST (Aus central standard time)-so if you wanna catch the precise moment it drops google that!)

At the end I'll be asking for your requests for bonus chapters and questions for a Q & A, so have em ready 🧡

Comment of the Chapter goes to tineytruths:

*dramatic music ensues* 🎶

I didn't want to say I'd been here before

I didn't want to say I'd been here before. But, well, I'd been here before.

"Poppy and Cole's house," Felix said, hopping out of the car the moment it was stationery.

I followed him as he tapped a code into the gate and let himself in. It was as spacious on the inside as it seemed on the outside, the interior decorated with bunches of flowers and seashells that I suspected were Poppy's doing.

"Come on," he said, leading me up a wooden staircase. On the upper floor there were lights on. Felix paced towards one of the doors and knocked loudly.

The door down the hall opened instead, Poppy standing there with a robe on, her fair features creased with the early stages of sleep. "Felix—Josie, what's going on?"

"We need to talk to Cole," he said. I waited for him to give her more of an explanation. When he didn't, she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Why do you need to talk to him so bad?"

I'd never really seen Poppy defensive of her brother. In fact, they always seemed to be bickering. But now she moved so she was between Felix and the door.

"You need to tell me what's going on."

"Jeez, Pop. We just need to talk to him. Why isn't he answering, where is—"

Suddenly the door opened. In the threshold stood Cole, his red hair mussed and deep gray circles beneath his eyes. For once his harsh cheekbones didn't look aristocratic or elegant, instead they looked hollow.