15. human eddy

Haley's P.O.V.

It has been a few weeks since mine and Bree's triumph over Perry, and we are still so happy about it. Knowing that we beat Perry once again honestly brings so much joy into my life because that woman is horrible.

Speaking of Perry, Adam, Bree, Chase, Leo, and I were all eating lunch together, and who decides to come storming in?

Perry.

She sat down at the table next to us and propped her feet up while greeting us, "What's up, meatbots?"

We all just gave her confused looks as she began to read a magazine. I rolled my eyes at her as I took another bite of my mac & cheese. That's when Davenport walked in, and he looked super annoyed when he saw Perry just sitting there. I seriously feel like I haven't seen him in like a million years.

"Excuse me?" Davenport demanded angrily, which made Perry jump and throw her magazine on the floor, "What do you think you're doing? This is the fourth time this week I've caught you blowing off your security rounds!"

I just gave Davenport a confused look and said, "What are you talking about? I haven't seen you around here in weeks."

He just gave me a look while I just shrugged my shoulders and continued to eat my mac & cheese. Leo just gave me a confused look and asked, "Did you just stick up for Perry?"

I thought about it for a moment before my eyes widened in horror. Oh my god. I just defended Perry. I looked at him terrified and asked, "What is wrong with me?"

Perry just looked at Davenport in disbelief and argued back, "What do you expect? I mean, this job is too hard for one person. How am I supposed to patrol the grounds, monitor cyber security, and still find time to steal from you?"

Why am I not surprised?

We all rolled our eyes at her as Davenport continued to scold her, "Look, you asked me for this job! If you can't handle it, then maybe I should just find somebody else."

Leo and I immediately looked at each other hopeful. Please, please, please find somebody else.

"Good luck trying to find somebody else who wants a high paying job on a tropical island," Perry quipped before she crossed her arms and looked away from him.

Suddenly, the monitor on the wall turned on and began to sound very staticky. We all stood up from our table and walked over to it confused. Chase asked Davenport, "What's going on with the monitor?"

"Somebody hacked our signal because the sheriff wasn't doing her job," Davenport responded with an eye roll.

We all looked up at the monitor, and when something finally appeared on the screen, my heart dropped to the floor.

It was Eddy.

"Hi!" He said in his cheerful, annoying voice.

Adam, Bree, Chase, Leo, and I all screamed in horror. This isn't happening. Please tell me this is a dream.

"I've been trying to get in here for months! I had to go through all sorts of firewalls and security blocks," Eddy continued to us before he said in a very sad voice, "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you didn't want me here."

We all stared at him like he was crazy as Leo exclaimed to him, "We don't want you here!"

Eddy just quipped back at him, "Wow! Look who finally got a big boy voice! Still waiting for the rest of your little boy body to catch up, huh?"

That's when I started to laugh quietly underneath my breath. Leo gave me an annoyed look, and I quickly covered up my laughing by coughing.

"Eddy, you're supposed to be in Mission Creek with Tasha," Davenport reminded him.