6

Three days.

It had been three days since I'd seen anyone except the guard at my door who would only enter to remove the untouched food and drink and replace it with a fresh supply every day. I refused it. The morning after Lucifer had left, I'd woken up and spilled the contents of my stomach all over myself. I vowed never to drink the awful liquor again. Attendants came to change the bedding and my dirty clothes, but that was the only time I'd seen anyone else.

I tried to pass the time with sleeping. There was nothing else to do. I'd become a prisoner. On the morning of the fourth day, I slowly roused myself out of the bed and into the adjoining bathroom. The tub had been filled with hot water and a scented soap. I stepped into the scalding water; The scent of wildflowers wafted around me as I sank down. Slipping in further, I submerged myself completely.

I could just die like this... peacefully and on my own terms...

Feeling my heartbeat slow, I waited for peace. My lungs started to scream out for air, but I held myself down. As I finally opened my mouth to inhale the water, a hand gripped my waist and pulled me above the water. Coughing and spluttering out, I brushed my dripping hair out of my face opened my eyes.

Luc had one hand gripped around my body, and the other supporting my head. His eyes flashed with unadulterated rage. I tried to cover myself, but he swiftly lifted me from of the tub, never removing his eyes from mine. Gripping a black towel, he wrapped it around me and stalked into the bedroom, placing me onto the lounge. Gripping the towel, I clung it tightly against my body, my wet hair dripped down my back, sending a chilled shiver across my skin.

"Why have you not been eating Adeline" he asked, anger seeping through every word.

"I'm not hungry" I retorted. The glare on his face deepened greatly as he stepped toward me, folding his arms across his chest. He was dressed differently today. A full black suit adorned his body, clinging to every muscle. His hair had been slicked back, a few curls falling over his face. A dark blood red cape swept out behind him, and I noted for the first time, he looked like a true king. A wave of desire washed over me as I pulled my eyes away from him, as I stared at the ground.

"You will eat something right now" he commanded, reaching over for a nectarine off the side table. Placing the fruit against my lips, he waited for me to take a bite. I refused to open my mouth.

"Adeline, you do not wish to test my patience today. I can feel your hunger, and it's distracting me from what I need to be focused on... So, you will eat" he said, the last few words grew deeper, more agitated.

Opening my mouth, I took a bite of the nectarine, juices running down my chin. He waited until I swallowed before pushing the fruit against my lips again, only relenting when I had finished the fruit completely. A feeling of lightness overtook me, and I felt my body relax. I must have been in desperate need for food.

Pouring a glass of cold water, he held it to my lips and forced me to take several mouthfuls before placing the goblet down. Bringing his fingers to my mouth, he ran them down and across my chin, sweeping up the juice that has escaped from the nectarine. Lifting his fingers to his mouth, his tongue flicked out to lick them clean. A small smirk attempted to tug on his face before quickly returning to a scowl.

"You tried to kill yourself" he said as a statement, not a question.

"Yes" I replied. No point denying it, he could read my mind.

"I'll never allow that to happen" he said with certainty. Standing up, he swung the door open on the wooden dresser. Returning with a pair of dark brown pants that seemed far too big, paired with a cream cotton shirt, he handed them to me.