11

Walking down the stone path in nothing but a white cotton dress, I suddenly felt sick with nerves. Luc led me to the healing springs and insisted on me bathing there so I'd be fully healed. The only catch was, to bathe in the spring, anyone who entered needs to present themselves as they were the day of their birth... Completely bare. The surrounding wooded area was teeming with life; The thick green trees swayed against the soft breeze as the sound of the night creatures chirped and buzzed. Soft grass tickled my bare feet as we made our way to the small spring. Some of the flowers I recognised from the river back home that bloomed on the bank of the spring. The soft wet petals of the lotus flowers reflected against the moonlight. A small cabin sat nestled against the far end of the spring, blending in with the trees surrounding it.

Stepping over to the side of the spring, I touched my hand to the water and watched it ripple beneath my fingers. The water felt warm and smelt like citrus. Tendrils of steam rose from the far end of the spring, and I felt the soothing heat call to my body. Luc stood beside me as he lifted his shirt up and over his head, tossing it to one side before pulling off his trousers. He was completely bare. I couldn't help my eyes travelling down his defined shoulders, watching intently as the muscles rippled with the movement. I didn't dare bring my eyes lower.

Gods...

As he strode forward into the water, I was glad he had spared me from seeing anything else. Once he was waist deep, he turned around to face me. A beautifully sinful smile etched onto his face, revealing the dimple in his cheek. His body shifted further into the depths of the spring; Ripples moved around him as his arms pushed against the water.

"Are you coming in?" He asked before disappearing beneath the water. Stepping over the threshold, my feet touched the water first. Part of me wanted to get in before he emerged, but I knew he'd be watching. I could feel his eyes burning into my skin even from under the water. My fingers gripped the bottom of my white dress as I slowly pulled it up and over my head. Moving into the water, my feet eased into the warmth. Luc had re-emerged - His eyes locked to my body, and even from afar, I could feel the pull between us sizzle.

stepping further in, I reached a point where my feet no longer touched the ground. I submerged myself, allowing the warmth of the water to soothe my aching body. Watching the water ripple and bubble around my bruises and cuts, healing them, and leaving me rejuvenated. Surging to the water's surface, I brushed the wet tendrils of my hair away my face, running my hands across my scalp and down my back. Opening my eyes, I glanced to where Luc had been a moment ago, but he was nowhere to be seen.

The suspense left me restless. Warm hands traced up my legs and across my hips. They travelled softly up my across my spine, tangling through my hair as he came to stand behind me. His breath fanned across my shoulder blade as he placed a kiss softly against his mark on my collarbone. Shifting around to face me, his eyes never left mine as his hands reached my face to cup my cheeks between his palms. His fingers locked into my hair while his thumbs gently caressed my face.

"You make my soul sing, Adeline, and that's something that's not happened since I was cast from heaven" he said quietly, leaning down to kiss me.

The spark between us heightened, I ran my hands across his bare chest, something I'd longed to do since I first saw him. My hands traced over his muscles, drifting upwards to his neck, throat and finally touching his cheeks. Lucifer pulled away from the kiss, his eyes bright with desire.

"You are so beautiful Adeline" he whispered, pulling me flush against him before he kissed me again. His kiss was unhurried as he savoured the taste of me. Breaking away as he shifted himself back towards the stairs. He sat, his elbows propped behind him as he leaned back, watching me. I floated further out into the water and pushed my legs up to float on the surface of the spring. The waning crescent shape of the moon sat a quarter way into the sky, and the stars were shining. Everything seemed brighter here compared to home.