17

It had been four days since I'd seen Lucifer, and the only contact I had with anyone was when the guards would come to replace the untouched food and drink. The room was small, and had its own bathroom, no bathtub I noticed though. Probably a smart decision, and one I figured he'd expected given my history with tubs.

I spent most of my day thinking about what my grandmother had told me. Less than six months remained between now and the golden moon. I hadn't been able to talk to Lucifer about the prophecy, let alone find out what his plan was. My eyes drifted closed; my mind desperately tried to reach out to him. I'd wanted to apologize the minute he left. I didn't mean to speak so horribly, and I wanted to feel terrible for leaving him, but I couldn't. My leaving resulted in freeing six of the earth guardians. I just hoped they'd managed to get to safety before anyone found them.

Lucifer please...

I'd called through our mind link. Nothing. Not even a hint of a response. I grew tired of trying, so I climbed into bed and drifted off to sleep. Opening my eyes, I found myself sprawled out on the depths of the forest floor. I stood up and hastily brushed myself off. As I began to walk down the path, I could hear voices, a lot of voices by the sound of it. Stepping closer to where the noise was coming from, I found myself staring down at a field full of men and women in battle armour. It was an army of angels. Some of them were training, others were sharpening tools or standing around open fires, preparing foods or soaking clothing in large cauldrons. There had to be at least a thousand soldiers, possibly more, in the field.

"Just think, once this battle is won, we will rule... wonder what they do with the tainted souls after they die?" A man's voice spoke directly behind me, startling me. I turned quickly to see two male angels and a young woman, who appeared human, heading directly where I was standing. One man glanced directly at the spot I was standing, but said nothing. They walked right past and continued their conversation.

"Excuse me?" I called out to the man. He didn't reply, didn't so much as turn in my direction. So I tried again.

"Uh, excuse me sir?" I said again, still not receiving a reply. They couldn't see me, or hear me. was I dreaming? Stepping down the hill, I headed towards the large tents, trying to figure out what was going on. White tents littered the field, strategically placed to create several pathways through the convergence. A large red and gold tent sat in the middle of the field, surrounded by several other smaller white tents. I'd gathered the leader of the army would be in there.

I walked up to the tent, my hands reached to pull the flaps aside, when a man stepped out. His hair hung in long golden strands around his face, while his body was covered with metal armour, a golden cape draped behind his body as he walked. His eyes, the colour of the ocean, were mesmerizing, and complimented his devastatingly beautiful face. A flutter in the pool of my stomach made me feel... something. Before I had a chance to process, he began to speak.

"Brothers and sisters of Taevas, I need your attention for a moment!" He spoke, the soldiers beginning to gather around him, stilling their own conversations and giving him their full attention.

"As many of you know, we have been sent to do the Old Ones work, retrieving the golden soul and bringing her home!" He said, voice raised. Gooseflesh erupted across my skin at the mention of my trademark name, while the soldiers cheers erupted through the crowd.

"Once we find her and bring her home, the first stages of our plan will be complete and we can claim victory, but there are some important things you must keep in mind" he said, his voice lowering as the crowd went silent.

"The Old One created her out of the pure part of Lucifers soul, and it lives within her. She has magical capabilities that even the strongest of you would not handle. I have been personally tasked with finding her and bringing her back. This also means that she has a tie to Lucifer himself, and we need to figure out a way to cut that tie" he finished, angry cries from the crowed bubbled up.

"Commander!" One man called, "Archangel Michael!" Called another, as the crowds attention was turned to a figure approaching the crowd.

Lucifer. I'd recognize him anywhere.

"Hello brother" Lucifer spoke, his voice instantly sent chills down my spine. He was dressed in the same armour as when I'd last seen him several days ago. I must have been dreaming.

"You lost the ability to call me that a long time ago" he said, Michaels voice was strong and powerful, but something familiar tugged at me.

"What's the point in formalities? After all, we are both the Old One's favourites are we not?" He sneered, Michael's eyes narrowing at him.

"Now now, there's no need for hostility, I'm only here to give your army a message" he smiled sweetly, holding his hands up in mock surrender before he continued, "I've come with a warning. For those who choose to rise against me, the consequences will be deadly. I too, have been preparing an army, and let me tell you, some of them were harder to convince... but we got them there in the end" he declared. As he waved his hand forward, a female fallen stepped forward, her wings black as night, her face stony and lacking any show of emotion. Shocked gasps were heard around the camp as Michael stepped forward, fury evident on his face.

"What has he done to you Farah?" Michael spoke, his voice low as he stepped towards her. She turned to look at him, her eyes dark and focused on him. A female angel in the crowd began to cry, and another reached her hand over in a show of comfort.

"I do not serve you anymore Michael. I have been reborn; you may address me as Tene now. My name represents the darkness that I have come to serve" she said, her voice strong and unwavering. I recognized her then, she was one of the angels that hung in the observatory of fallen angels the first time I'd been. My throat burned as I held back tears at the thought of Kamara. I couldn't live with the thought of something happening to her.

"So you see brother, not only do I have my army behind me, but it also seems I have yours as well. I'd think twice about coming for her" he laughed slightly, as if the situation greatly amused him. Micah held still as his narrowed eyes locked on Tene.

"I will find her, it's only fair she knows the full truth of what she is... Or who she is" Michael replied. Lucifer glared at him, the rage showing only in his eyes as they changed colour.

"You'll never find her Michael, for we will make the undying vow and she will belong to me" Lucifer said, small gasps erupting from the crowd.

"Ah yes, the undying vow of course.. but brother, do you remember why God chose me as his favourite after you left?" He smiled down at Lucifer, "because I have the ability to break any curse". Lucifer stilled, before stepping back and looking up at Michael one last time.

"Well brother, it seems we have a true battle on our hands. The golden moon will rise in less than six moons time, and I promise if you get in my way... I will kill you" Lucifer spoke, before turning with Tene and disappearing into mist. The crowd went wild, shouts and screams coming from everywhere as Michael stepped back into his tent. Following behind him, I kept to the corner of the room, and for the first time, Michael looked up at me, as if he could see me.

At that moment, I jolted awake, back in the dark room.

"You're awake" Lucifer said, sitting in the chair beside the bed, one leg crossed over the other and his arms folded over. Taking a deep inhale and exhale, his eyes remaining locked on me.

"It's time we talked about marriage".