9

Luc explained the other abilities I'd possibly be able to access and control. If I could, these abilities would be crucial to master. I thought about the lives of those I wanted to protect, including myself. Standing in the bedroom, I watched him intently as he spoke, not particularly paying attention to what he was saying. I found it increasingly difficult to be this close to him.

I stood opposite him and as my eyes reached his, an instant zing of electricity shot through me. I felt myself lose control of all coherent thought as I strode over to him. Throwing my arms around his neck, he hoisted me up to his waist and I melted into him, kissing him hard, passionately. Wrapping my legs around his waist while his mouth glided down my neck, placing soft kisses along my jaw, I moaned and pulled myself closer to him. He perched himself on the edge of the bed and I rolled my hips, our lips and tongues tangled together in a dangerous dance.

Within a heartbeat, the strong electricity dissolved, the feeling of awareness washed down my body from head to toe as I leant back to look him in the eyes. Laughter and victory shone brightly through his amber eyes. Gasping, I staggered away from him and held myself up against the bed post. Smirking, he stood and leant against the bed post opposite me.

"This is what it is to control the emotions of others. Being able to manipulate them to fear you, worship you and even desire you can prove extremely useful" he said with a sly smile. "See how easily I was able to manipulate your mind? Your actions? You've left yourself wide open for me to stroll in and steal your control. You need to learn to shield yourself from people who have the ability to take control of you completely. Sometimes, they will not be as kind as I was" He said, his grin growing wider as he spoke to my mind.

'I could see how much you enjoyed it, and I always enjoy tasting your mouth little bird.'

Glaring at him, I stepped forward. Using all of the adrenaline running through my veins, I focused my energy on the door. After a moment, the lock clicked, and the guard stalked inside the room. He was a tall slender male, who looked almost human, if it weren't for the black eyes and the small horns protruding from his forehead. Dressed in a warriors garb, armour, a dark shirt, black pants, and boots, he headed directly for me.

Watching Lucifer from the corner of my eye, his smirk dropped as he stood taller, crossing his arms as he watched the scene unfolding. Stepping closer to the guard who had stopped directly in front of me, I leant forward onto the tips of my toes. Bringing my lips to the side of his ear, I whispered to him.

"Would you like to taste a mortals blood? The blood of the Golden Soul?" I said seductively. The guard leant forward, reaching out to touch me. Just before his hand could glide across my skin, his eyes widened, and his mouth dropped open. He began to visibly shake before letting out a cry of terror. Shooting my glance towards him, I could see his jaw sat rigid and his lips were pulled into a thin line as he focused on the guard in front of me. Lucifer's pupils were so very dark. In a split second, the guard took off running down the hall, his shouts of fear fading the further he got away from the room. Another guard had already taken his place, reaching in, pulling the door closed. Lucifer turned to face me before stepping closer and gripping my waist. Fear washed over me, followed by a new, horribly dark sensation I didn't like.

"Never forget little bird, you may be strong and fast, but I will always be stronger and faster. No one is to touch you except me. No one. Is that clear?" He spoke low and determined. Unable to form the words, I nodded my head instead.

Stepping back, he sighed. "At least we know you can master some of the skills easily" he said coldly before turning towards the table where the food and jug of Ambrose had been placed.

"Another of my mastered skills is that of deflection. Being able to deflect other magic thrust upon you. Allowing yourself to be protected not just mentally but also physically is crucial. You need to learn to shield your mind and thoughts as well as your body" he spoke, "And it will take time for you to learn. You will need guidance in how to do it safely. If you try too much or try too hard, you could risk yourself burning out" he finished.

Stepping closer, he lifted his hand to reveal a dark blade twisting between his fingers. Bringing his free palm up, he swiped the blade swiftly across the skin without so much as a flinch. I inhaled sharply as the fresh smell of blood hit my nostrils. Looking down, the blood was dark, like ink mixed with flecks of shimmering gold. It smelt metallic, but also sweet like spice and honey. The realization dawned on me.

Angels blood. He still had traces of pure angels blood in his veins.

I exhaled sharply and Luc brought his eyes to mine. He gestured for me to look at his hand once more. The bleeding was heavier now, dripping down his fingers and hitting the stone floor beneath us in a steady drip, drip drip. White noise grew louder in my ears, looking at the blood began to make me dizzy. A soft glow emanated from his clean hand. He held it over the top of the cut, and slowly the wound began to close. It healed completely shut and the scar faded almost immediately.

"This is one of the most important abilities you will need to learn" he said, "and you need to understand that not all wounds can be healed, especially when the damage comes from certain weapons" he said quietly, stepping away and wiping his bloody hand clean.

I need to learn how to do that? How to... heal?

"Yes, you will" he answered out loud. So far, this one had been the most intimidating to think about. People would depend on me in life-or-death situations, and that caused a worry to stir inside my stomach.

"One of the most difficult abilities is to master the skill of healing" he said, confirming my thoughts. Stepping back to the table he kept his back facing me when he spoke, "For some people, it can take decades. We don't have that kind of time on our side, but with my soul living within yours, it should make the process easier." Picking up a glass goblet, he handed it to me.

"You may possibly be able to use the ability to summon and create items in times of need" he spoke.

"Throw it at me" he said casually. The heat of shame still burned within me from his earlier trick, and it didn't take much convincing for me to toss my hand back and throw the glass at him with as much force as possible, sending it sailing towards his beautiful face. Watching, the scene played out in slow motion. Luc moved his hands at the last moment and produced a shield. Time sped up and the glass smashed against it, sending shards of glass everywhere. Removing the shield from where it was protecting his upper body, he glanced down at the pieces and smirked.

"Nice aim" he retorted before sending the shield back to wherever it came from.

"Remember that not every move will be predictable, so you need to prepare for... The unexpected" he said. Shifting in front of me in rapid speed, he gripped my hands in his. The world began to waver, and I took it as my queue to close my eyes. When I opened them again, we were standing on the edge of an open edged balcony, somewhere very high up. Peering over the edge, I could see the outline of jagged cliffs below, the dark waves of an ocean crashing against them ruthlessly. Pulling me back to face him, my back to the balcony's edge, he traced my cheek with his thumb, placing a kiss on my forehead before meeting my gaze.

"My Little bird" Luc said, "I do wonder... if you can fly" he said, before pushing me over the edge.