Chapter 20

I'm in a car with the engine running and I've been here for almost an hour now. Thankfully, I have my phone and earphones on me so I can listen to the Arctic Monkeys all I want. But still, sitting here alone was getting tiring. 

Finally, after what felt like a lifetime the car door flew open and in came Colson- I looked away from him quickly- not wanting to give him the satisfaction of thinking that I cared that he was there or that I was even acknowledging his presence. 

The driver entered and so did Ash- and we started moving. 

"So you guys have five interviews lined up," Ash turned back to address the both of us, "We will be there for about two hours give or take." 

Colson grunted in acknowledgment and I continued looking out the window. 

"This won't work you know?" Ash said, "You both acting like this- people will catch on and figure out that this is fake and we can't afford that." 

After neither one of us replied she sighed defeatedly and turned back around. Colson smelled like cigarettes and aftershave, I couldn't help but notice how his hands were kind of trembling. Looking away quickly I put one leg over the other to put as much distance between me and Colson and prepared myself for what will undoubtedly be the worst two hours ever. It would be awkward as hell trying to be loved up with him. We both hated each other, now more than ever. 

The car ride isn't that long and looking out at Amsterdam is actually fun- I'm enjoying this little bit of sightseeing. Slowly my hangover is subduing as well. After about twenty minutes the car slowed to a halt Ash turned around one last time. 

"Look at me both of you," Ash said, her voice was stern- scary even. Both of us faced her. "You better give the performance of a lifetime in there or so help me I will never speak to either one of you again." With that she was out of the car. 

We're in two very uncomfortable chairs and sat opposite us is a lady wearing the most unfortunate white kimono. Her blonde hair is slicked back and she has long bright pink nails. I wonder what on earth she was thinking with this look. 

"So MGK," she chirped in her way too cheery voice, "What's it like to be back on tour?" 

"Great," Colson replied, "Different." 

"Different because Camilla's with you?" she prods. 

"Sure," 

"Can you please be more elaborate?" she asked in a whisper and Colson looked at Ash for help. 

"Try," Ash mouthed and Colson nodded. 

"So Camilla," the interviewer turned her attention to me. "Did you miss being on tour with MGK?"