Chapter 1: Part 2

Axel's Pov

I woke up at exactly 6 am like I do every morning. I had a meeting with my pack to deal with rogues. Then I had pack training, a few meetings with different alphas and now I'm sitting in my office at 8 o'clock at night doing paperwork. *Knock Knock* "Come in." I say not looking up from my paperwork.

"Axel babe takes a break," Britteny says. She likes to call herself my mate but I don't feel any of the feelings you're supposed to feel for a mate none of it, not the connection or the need to protect her none of it. You may be saying then how is she your mate. Well she says I am so, yes she is very well lying but I don't care because I have yet to find my mate yet and it's kind of bumming me out.

"I'm busy," I say in a monotone.

"At least go to your club and check it out." She says and I groan.

"I guess I haven't been to the club in a while fine, Are you going?" I ask silently hoping she will leave me alone.

"No, sorry baby I have a lot of stuff to do but I'll see you tomorrow K?" She says kissing me and walking out.

"Whore," I mumbled under my breath. I can smell the other wolf on her from a mile away. I finish up my work and head to the club.

"Mr. Creed a pleasure." One of the bouncers said.

"I'm sure." I rolled my eyes and walked past him. I'm so not in the mood for this tonight. I went and sat at the bar. Multiple women flirted with me and I kindy shot them down and drank some Whiskey. A while later the most wonderful smell filled my nose. It was strawberry and Vanilla. It was coming from a human girl who sat by me. You may be saying, Mate! But that's impossible humans can't be mated to us. Vampire? Yes. Witches? Yes. Humans? No.

"So what do you recommend?" she asked, turning me.

"First time?" I asked her trying to find more about her for some reason I was intrigued.

"That obvious?" She asked, looking down embarrassed and I chuckled. I read her thoughts "god he's hot." I can't help but comment.

"Thank you," I say and she looks up at me in shock and the realization quickly draws on her.

"I said that out loud, didn't I?" she asked, groaning.

"Yes but it's okay you're quite beautiful yourself," I say truthfully, she was gorgeous in a strapless red dress that hugged her curves nicely.

"Thank you um what's your name?" she asked looking nervously at me.

"The name's Axel. Bartender two shots of whiskey." I say and turn to her once the guy hands us our drinks. "And what's your name?" I asked, studying every inch of her.

"Mel," she says smiling. God! What a beautiful smile."Mark her." My wolf wines but I block him out. She was about to answer when a blonde girl in a tight black dress interrupted.

"Mel I'm going home with Jake from our biology class he's here." Some girl slurs.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" She asked the girl her voice laced with concern.

"Yes, I'll be fine if you get laid by Mr. hot stuff here." Her friend says pointing to me and walking away. Why does she hang out with that girl? Her smile was 100% fake and she looked like a bitch no offense or anything.

"I can not believe she just left me," Mel mutters under her breath and I chuckle.

"So how old are you really?" I ask her, I realize the girl said class and not course.

"Um, 17." She says fiddling with her fingers.

"Mhmm, I see you know I could get shut down for having minors in my club?" I say jokingly but she clearly doesn't pick up on it because she gulps.

"Your club?" she stutters spitting out her drink. cute

"Yep Axel Creed owner of Creeds Blackout club, it's a play on words really," I say and she sighs.

"So how old are you?" She asks me with a look of curiosity.

"23 which makes me 5 years older than you," I say with a sigh but she doesn't look bothered by it.

"Well, I guess I best get going." She says standing up.

"Why?" I ask her way too quickly.

"I'd hate to get you in trouble. I just wanted to try something different than just.." she trails off and I focus on her heartbeat. She isn't lying, she is actually worried about me and not herself.

"You just?" I press on wanting or information.

"I was just tired of always following the rules I wanted to do something different." She breathed out and for some reason, I wanted to comfort her. "Well, I'm leaving, see you around maybe." She says walking off to the back door and I mind linking my third in command Mia.

"Mia, the girl who just walked out, I want you to bring her to the packhouse and put her in my room," I tell her in a serious tone. "Yes, Alpha." She says and I head home. "Here," Mia says, putting her on the bed.

"What did you do to her?" I growl feeling instantly protective and she gulps. 

"I...Um well, I had to bring her so I knocked her out with my Glock," Mia says nervously.

"You better be glad she's okay because third in command or not I would have killed you," I say and she flinches.

"Yes, Alpha, but what's so important about her she's just a human." She asks and I growl and she cowards. My wolf wanted the girl to have nothing but respect.

"Leave now Mia, before I rip off your head," I say and she walks out. I take one of my shirts and slip it carefully over her head. I then carefully pull the dress off being careful not to look at anything out of respect. Once she's fully covered I then lay down on the other side of the bed and go to sleep.

(1009 Words)

Sun, Sep 1, 2019

Edited: Friday, July 10, 2020

1:10 am

Rewritten: 2-10-2021