Chapter 2: Part 3

Mel's Pov

It's my 18th birthday! It a day for me to celebrate but instead I'm reminded that 10 years ago today my mother walked out on me, my father, and my sister.

Flashback

"Mommy where are you going, it's Mel's birthday?" 3-year-old Evelyn asks.

"I'm leaving." She said not sparing a glance at me or Evelyn.

"When are you coming back." My 8-year-old self asked and she laughed.

"I'm not, I've had enough of you spoiled brats you're nothing but mistakes and if your father hadn't stopped me I would have killed you both." She says walking out the door, leaving me and Evelyn sobbing into each other until daddy got home about an hour later and found us huddled up.

End of flashback

"Happy birthday mommy!" Emily screams running in with my dad and sister following her. "We brought you breakfast in bed." She says pointing to my dad who had a tray of food and my sister you had a small box.

"Thank you all so much what's in the box?" I ask and my dad smiles at me.

"It's a family heirloom, it was my great-great-grandmother's." My dad says pulling out a gorgeous bracelet.

"Thanks, daddy," I say as my eyes start to water up. Suddenly there's a knock on the door. "

"I'll get it, why don't you get ready for your day." My father said smiling at me and I know.

"Emily go put on one of your dresses," I say to Emily then I turn to Evelyn, "And Lyn can you help her?" I ask my sister hopefully.

"Of course I can, it's your day." She says grabbing Emily's hand and walking out of the room as I pick up a towel and make my way to the bathroom. After an hour of clearing my thoughts in the shower and of course bathing, washing my hair, and brushing my teeth I stepped out of the shower and made my way to my room. Once I made it to my room I put on my red lace bra and matching thongs and went to my closet looking for something to wear.

"Well damn you've been living with Axel a month and I've never seen such a sight." A voice says from behind me and I quickly turn to face him.

"Tom you sexy motherfucker you made it." I screen running up to him before remembering I was basically naked and threw on a little red dress I had packed.

"You didn't have to put on clothes on my behalf," Tom says and I laugh and hug him.

"Come on, let's get downstairs to the party," I say walking downstairs to see Adam, Michal, Lacey, Axel, my dad, my sister Emily, a few kids from school, and... "Why the hell are you here Becca?" I spit out and I see Evelyn tense.

"Well, little Eve invited me so of course, I came to my best friend I haven't seen in a month's birthday party." She says smuggle. I'm about to launch at her when an arm goes around my waist and I'm pulled into a hard chest. I look back to see Axel. He bends down and whispers to me.

"Just give me the word and I'll snap her neck but under no circumstances do you fight her, Understand it's your birthday don't let that bitch ruin it," he says sending shivers down my back and not because I'm scared because he said he kills someone but because I'm so damn turned on. "Also I can smell your arousal." He says smirking before kissing me and walking to Jason. I just stand there in shock. Axel Creed. Just. Kissed. Me.

"Okay let's eat cake!" My sister screams and we all head to the kitchen. After the cake, we drank some alcohol while any younger kids had juice boxes.

"Omg, you're so funny." I heard Becca's voice and turned to look at her flirting with Axel. Oh, fuck no! He is my mate and human or not I'll rip her to shreds. I watch as she puts her hand on his bicep and he politely removes it, but at this point, I don't care if he cut her hand off I was going to kill her. I mean I had a shot. I've been training a little with Andrea behind Axel's back. So I walked up to her and I saw her smirk before trying to kiss him but I punched her in the boob. Yeah, I know low shot but I don't really care. "You fucking bitch!" She screamed and aimed a punch back at me and before anyone could stop us we were nothing rolling on the floor well, more like I was straddling her slut ass throwing endless punches onto her face. Until both Axel and Jason had to pull me off which I'm shocked by considering I don't weigh much and they're werewolves.

"Woah baby, cool down," Jason says, laughing his ass off. All I do is flip him off.

"Don't call her that," Axel growls at him but Jason just laughs harder.

"Omg you're both fucking crazy jealous this should be a fun relationship," He says and even Axel and I started laughing at that.

"I wasn't jealous. I just didn't like her touching what was mine, I'm territorial," I say and Axel smirks. "Not that I'm saying you're mine I'm just saying I hate her and yeah you don't believe me do you." I finished realizing he could read my mind plus his smirk is so big I know he doesn't believe me.

"Aww, don't worry baby I'm all yours." He says pulling me into his chest and then pulling away and sniffing me. "Why do you smell like Tom." He growls with distaste.

"We hugged when he got here," I explained, not getting the big deal.

"The big deal is he likes you." He shouts like it's the most obvious thing.

"No, he does not we're friends." I scoff and he starts to say something back. "Look clearly I want your asshole self so stop being a jealous prick and let me have a good day with my family," I say walking out of the shared bedroom back to the party not before hearing him mumble. "Says the girl who fought someone out of jealousy," I just ignored him and quickly went to find Andrea.

"Damn girl those lessons I gave you really paid off." She says and I laugh.

It's now 1 in the morning and we have been at the club getting wasted for 5 hours. "Let's get headed out, everyone has already left except us," I say turning to Axel.

"That's because I have to close up plus I want to give you something." He says, pulling out a box from his coat.

"Oh my this is beautiful I couldn't possibly take it," I say looking at the beautiful ring with a golden band with a heart-shaped sapphire right smack in the middle.

"I'm not saying let's get married right now shit I'm not even saying let's get married this is like a promise ring that one day my mate will agree to marry me." He says looking nervous and so I shake my head with a stupid smile on my face.

"Yeah, I promise to someday marry your stupid ass," I say laughing a little then he suddenly pulls me into a kiss to which I deepen.

"I want you to officially meet the pack. I want to introduce you as the future Luna, my Luna like I should have when I met you." He says and I kiss him again.

"Holy cow, we're going to kill each other." I laugh and he does too. "Yeah but then again my mama always told me love was going to be my ultimate destruction." I laugh remembering that all too painful day but that's a story for another day. "Let's go, I miss Emily and my ass is tired."

"You do have a pretty nice ass," Axel says and I shake my head in amusement.

"Perv."

(1317 Words)

Sat, Sep 7,2019

Edited: Saturday, July 11, 2020

6:17 pm

Rewritten: 2-21-2021