vii.

" your smile, it will be the end of me "

__

    Alpha King Nolan, was in a meeting according to Andrew. He was aware of the situation but Andrew had told him they had it under control.

"You mean, I have it under control." I tease him.

He rolls his eyes at me, "Funny, he said the same thing."

My fingers were brushing through Josh's hair, he was curled up in the corner of my bed as I sat on the edge of it. I had tucked him in, and the exhausted little one was out like a light, what had my heart was the fact one of his hands was tightly grasping my other hand refusing to let go.

"You know, you somehow always have a way with people, kids especially."

I let out a slight laugh. "It's called being kind."

"No, look at him Cassie. All day today- he's only being this calm because of you. Whatever you say is okay, he believes you and follows."

"What point are you trying to make, Andrew?"

He shrugs. "You'd make a great leader." 

"Leader?" I sputter out, confused at this sudden conversation. 

"Yeah, like-like, uh," he glances around almost awkwardly, it was just us two in the room at the moment, Beta Jack had left a bit ago to go handle the warriors and ask questions, "a Queen."

"A Queen?" I echo, "Andrew you're confusing me."

"Can I ask you something, Cassie?"

I was still confused, but I nod anyway.

"Would you ever consider becoming a leader?"

"Like- like a political leader? Leading a group? You'll have to be more specific."

"A pack."

"Like you?"

"Like Alpha Nolan."

"I don't understand," I sigh out, glancing up to an unsure Delta who looked to be having a small battle with himself, "Andrew are you okay?"

His eyes snap to meet my own and he nods, "yeah I'm fine. What if I said you could be Queen, what would you do?"

Goodness I was so confused, furrowing my eyebrows I try to respond to this weird question. "I'd say I'm not fit to be Queen."

"What if I said you already were?"

"I'd say you need to be placed into a mental institute immediately," I laugh but he isn't laughing with me, "Andrew where is this all coming from? And what do you mean?"

He doesn't get the chance to respond, a knock resonates throughout the room and he's walking over bowing his head and muttering greetings before Nolan walks through the door himself.

Immediately his eyes land on mine, a look of relief passing through them weirdly before glancing down to the lump of a boy under the sheets oddly seeming fine with it. "You okay?"