ix.

" lust rushes, love waits "

__

    Erin explains a little more, that is until I order them to take her to the hospital. I refused to let her continue answering questions until she was in less pain. She was now in her own hospital room getting treated and resting.

For now, there was a sudden meeting I was apart of in Nolan's office that I had never been in. I was being nosy and having a look around the mahogany themed room, Andrew and I were the only ones in the room currently as Nolan was getting Beta Jack up to speed.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Andrew quietly asks.

My shoulders tense, my back was towards him so he couldn't see my face. "I didn't want either of you to worry- especially Sarah."

"Cassie," He breathes out strained, "I just- we never knew..."

"That was the past, Andrew." I walk over to the leather chair behind the desk, running my hand over the soft cushioning. Then I sit down in it, finally looking at Andrew. "That whole Rogue thing happened and suddenly that seemed like the little of my problems after that."

"You've been through so much." His voice cracks surprising me.

I just let out a little laugh, it's not in humour though. "But look at me, I'm fine now. I'm still here. I survived and I'll be damned if I let what happened in the past effect my future."

"I get it now."

"Get what?"

"Why she chose you," he lowers his voice, like speaking more to himself if anything.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Who chose me?"

The door to the office swings open and both Nolan and Jack step on through, immediately glancing to where I am. I'm confused by their odd expressions until I realise where I'm sitting.

"Oh sorry," I quickly stand up, getting off the leather seat that was Nolan's, behind his desk facing towards where everyone else should be sitting.

I was in the King's seat.

"Stay," Nolan quickly sputters out before I move, "sit, please."

I do as told, slightly apprehensive as I lower myself back down but I still do so. He walks up beside me, standing and resting a hand on my shoulder, half of me thinking it's just to make sure I stay seated.

"So, I assume you're all up to speed Beta Jack?" I ask.

He nods.

"Great, now what do we do with all this information?" I glance up towards Nolan searching for answers, he was already looking down at me again with that look.

Nolan clears his throat blinking and looking away back at the boys in front of us. "Right, so far we've been told that there's an Alpha going by the name Hex, who is running a pack called Hexer."

"A shit name if you ask me," Andrew grumbles to himself but clamps his mouth shut when shot a look by Nolan.

"The Pack has been running for fifteen years under our radar, with nothing out of the ordinary." Nolan trails off and I sense the anger again, causing me to reach up to press a comforting hand the one that he had rested on my shoulder.

I smile comfortingly, squeezing before looking back at the boys. "She says there's a witch helping him."

"Which isn't possible, witches are on a whole other country. After the peace treaty was made we haven't seen one since." Andrew points out.