xi.

" right next you, that's where I'm meant to be "

__

          Nolan refuses to leave me alone, after that night two days ago despite my insistence he goes to work. He ignores me and we bond over my demise together. That was an exaggeration however, I couldn't help but feel we had gotten a lot closer these last two days.

After that first night, the next day was similar to me being in and out of sleep and not remembering much that was going on around me. I know Sarah visited at some point but left quickly after that.

The third day, today, we were watching movies well, I was watching movies, he seemed distracted. His gaze constantly caught onto mine, or staring intently at me with such a look I thought maybe he was daydreaming or mind linking.

"You know...I'm feeling a lot better. You can go back to your duties, Nolan. You don't have to stick around and babysit me." I speak up after once again catching his gaze on me.

"No."

That was that. That had been his response every time I brought the topic of him going back to work.

"Don't you have things to prepare for this weekend?" I softly ask, "I don't want to be the reason you're unprepared."

His eyes soften a little at that, letting out a sigh and before I can protest he's pulling me into his side by the waist tucking me into him. "First off, I've done work already," He nods to the tablet sitting on the bedside table, "second, you're my first priority and I'm not leaving you alone until you feel a hundred percent better. Lastly, Jack and Drew have it all handled, everything is already prepared."

"I feel like I'm boring you, you're not even watching the movies."

"You could never bore me, my love. I just happen to be watching something much more fascinating."

I have to dip my head downwards, laying it on his shoulder to hide the blush that spreads across my cheeks at his insinuation. His chuckle vibrates through me and I smile unconsciously at the sound.

A content sound comes from his mouth when I shift myself to be more comfortable in his arms. My right side of my body leaning up against him as his arm curls around my back, hand resting on my hip and drawing circles.

We fall back into silence as I continue watching the movie I had picked out before.

I can still feel Nolan's eyes on me, his other hand reaches onto my bare arm considering I was wearing a tank top today and the scars that littered along my arm, collarbone down to my wrist are on display. He begins tracing them, fingers dipping between the crevices and I shift a little at the strange feeling.

"I was seventeen when I ran away from home," I begin quietly, feeling him stiffen underneath me before relaxing again, lazy drawls of fingers trailing along my arm, "my father as you heard wasn't exactly the best parental figure growing up, I don't even know who my mother is.

When I ran that day he left a stab wound on my collarbone- you can see the scar," his fingers trail upwards towards it and follow my actions where I point, "then my stomach along here," I shift a little, pulling the shirt up, I hear a sharp intake of breath, his hand moving to trace the long jagged scar.

"I ended up in hospital as you also heard. I'm not exactly sure how but when I was released I ran. I just kept going, hitching on buses, cars, trailers until I found this abandoned cottage. It needed a bit of repairs but it became home. I was terrified of my own reflection but I knew I needed to get money to survive somehow, so I finished school whilst working as an assistant at a childcare centre.