Pilot

Dear Diary,

Today I will conquer being and feeling alive for Ty and myself I will be great and
smile and live.

- Yours Truly Scarlett

Scarlett's POV

"Toast, I can make toast" Aunt Jenna says worrying about everything on our first day of school.

"It's all about coffee, Aunt Jenna" E says coming into the kitchen.

"Is there coffee?" Jer asks coming in.

"Your first day of school and I'm totally unprepared. Lunch Money?" Jenna asks holding some out and Jer takes it.

"I'm good," I say. "me too," E says.

"Anything else? A number two pencil? What am I missing?" Jenna asks in a panic.

"Don't you have a presentation today?" I ask.

"I'm meeting with my thesis advisor at...now crap." Jenna says checking her watch.

"Then go. We'll be fine. You okay?" E says. Jenna looks at me and I nod my head giving her a reassuring smile. She smiles and heads out.

"Don't start." Jer says looking at us. I give E a small smile.

"Care's picking me up." I say drinking coffee.
"Bonnie's coming for me." She says giving me a small smile.

• • • •

On the drive Care talked and I tried to listen, as much as a I could.

"Hey." Care says coming into my side. "I love you, okay? And you're so strong. Okay? If you don't want to go in, we can skip? My mom will call for us." She says giving me a warm smile. I pull her into a hug.

"Thank you Care, but I need to, Can you call Ty?" I ask. She nods and pulls out her phone.

I can do this, come on Scar, you're going to have to walk in and hold your head up high. You need to do this, for you, you owe it to yourself

Within a few minutes Ty is here. Ty takes my hand in his and I give a small smile and he pulls me into a hug. "Hey, I love you. You can do this Scar, I believe in you." He says making me want to cry. Care gives me thumbs up and walks in school, knowing I'm in good hands with Ty.

"I know and I love you too." I say, we hug each other a few more and then pull away. We walk and he looks at me with a smile saying that he's proud of me.

"Walking me to class Lockwood?" I ask.

"Whatever future Mrs.Lockwood wants." He says giving me a smile. I kiss his check and walk to my class.

"You did great babe, I love you and I'll see you after class to walk you to your next." He says making me smile.

"I love you and thank you," I say before kissing him.

• • • •

I walk into class bumping into someone, I drop my journal, book, and a purple pen.

"Ohh, I'm so sorry." A voice says. We begin picking up my stuff.

"It's fine," I say.

"Are you hurt?" I look up and see a guy with brown hair and green eyes.