The one with the engagement

Next week (after the fundraiser Tyler & Lottie hosted)

"Mr and Ms. Gilbert. Thank you for coming." Tyler says.

"Son, call us Grayson and Miranda." Grayson Gilbert says as he and Miranda take a seat.

"Grayson, Miranda I wanted to speak to you guys on asking for Scarlett's hand in marriage." Tyler says looking at Scarletts parents with hope in his eyes. "I know we're young, and we have a baby on the way but I've always wanted to marry Scarlett and now we're having a child. I want to marry her and for her to take my last name." Tyler says. Grayson looks taken back, Miranda is surprised at Tyler's decisions. Sure Miranda knows that Scarlett has talked about marriage to her, she usually 'says when Ty and I have kids we're going to married and have our own careers' Scarlett smiles widely when she speaks of Tyler or hears his name.

"Son, you guys are young, we understand Miranda and I felt the same way." Grayson says.

"Have you and Scarlett talked about marriage?" Miranda asks Tyler.

"We have many times, I want this, she wants this, but if you guy feel that it's too soon I'll wait until we're in college." Tyler says making Miranda smile. Miranda knows Tyler has an anger issue by when it comes

"We respect that Tyler, thank you for asking us." Miranda says giving a to Grayson and a nod.

"Son, we give you our blessing on asking Scarlett for marriage." Grayson says as his hand is laced with Marinada's hand.

"Thank you for the blessing, it means a lot to me. I know it will mean a lot to Scarlett."

•    •    •    •

Tyler and Scarlett were out having dinner. Tyler had gotten Lottie a beautiful dress for dinner. Lottie has her signature bracelet and necklace with her birthstone. Her necklace has a small pendent with an 'S' for Scarlett. She wore her promise ring Tyler gave her two years ago. It was his birthstone, she never took it off unless she had to.

(Pretend it's an 'S' instead of an 'A' for the necklace)