Ogie x Reader (Waitress) +~Fluff~+

Requested: yep, by @adamandbj

Title: Normal

(y/n)'s POV

I was a normal waitress at a normal cafe, with a normal boss and 3 normal (kinda) friends.

My life was exceedingly normal. Too normal, honestly. I wanted something exciting to come my way, but nothing ever really did. That was until a seemingly typical Tuesday when a very familiar customer came in and sat in one of my tables.

I went over, greeting him like I always did.

"Hi, I'm (y/n) and I'll be your waitress today. Can I start you off with anything to drink?" I did my normal introduction, studying this man.

"Oh, I'd like some lemonade please. And I know you, we used to live across the street from each other." The man said. I gasped, with everything clicking into place.

"Oh, Ogie! I knew I recognized you, how've you been?" I asked, grinning like a madman. This guy was my best friend when I was little! That's how I knew him.

"I'm doing good, besides the fact that it's so hot outside recently. It gets in the way of my work." He said politely.

"Your work? What's your job?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

"I'm a Revolutionary War re-enactor at Wiesenthal Park." He told me. Ogie did always have a passion for war and getting things right. I should know, since we were each other's only friend, we knew each other pretty well.

"That makes sense. I should go get your lemonade, since I'm on the clock and all, but we seriously need to catch up!" I said before scurrying away.

When I was filling his cup, I felt a tap on my shoulder. When I turned, I saw Dawn looking unbelievably excited.

"What were you and that guy talking about?" She asked, grinning like a kid on Christmas.

"Just catching up, Dawn. He and I were good friends when we were little, but haven't talked since 6th grade." I informed her. I didn't need her getting ideas that we were a couple or anything. That would be totally weird.

"Well, he looked mighty invested in what you were saying, and he's watching us right now. I think he likes you!" She squeaked, and sure enough upon glancing over I saw him look away, face looking a bit pink.

"It's not like that, hon." I told her, before walking back to Ogie to give him his drink.

"Hey, sorry it took so long. My coworker and I got distracted." I apologized, setting the glass down and getting out my little notepad. "Have you had enough time to look at the menu or do you need a minute?"

"I'm ready, I'd like a chilly cheese-steak with a side of fries, please." He said. I nodded, scribbling it down in my messy but readable handwriting.

"Alrighty!" I said before scurrying off once again, giving the paper to the cook before looking at Dawn, who was leaning against the counter and watching.

"It's so calm here today, it's like no one wants to sit in my section." She complained.

"I know right! Probably won't get any more than $10 in tips today." I said.

"I wouldn't be so sure." Dawn said cheekily.

"Oh please, I've had 1 person today and you've had 3." I scoffed, hitting her arm.

"Yeah, but yours is nice, clearly into you, and looks like he has money. If you don't put a ring on it I will."

"Dawn, you're gay." I said with a deadpan expression.

"He don't know that!" She laughed, fake defensively. I glanced over to him, instinctively smiling. I surely wouldn't mind going on a date with Ogie and all, but now wasn't the best timing after so many years apart.

"Fine, Dawn. I kinda like him, but I'm not going to act on it yet. It's been years, and I want time as friends first." I relented, rolling my eyes.

"I knew it! I swear, your babies will be the absolute cutest things!" She squealed.

"Yeah yeah, keep it down. We still have a job to do. This isn't gossip hour." I scolded. She made a face before grabbing a rag to clean the countertop, when a plate with Ogie's order was placed in front of me. I got an idea, ripping off a new paper in my tiny notebook and scribbling down my number. I grabbed it and the plate and walked over to Ogie's table, where he was reading some book.

"Here you are, enjoy!" I said, setting it down in front of him. He smiled up at me gratefully.

"Thank you (y/n), it looks delicious. Reminds me of the time you tried to feed fries to Sardine."

"Hey, she loved them!" I laughed, walking away. I watched from afar, and the way his eyes lit up when he saw my number made my insides feel a bit gooey.

He made me feel a whole lot less normal, like someone who was interesting and worth being invested in.

Maybe my fate was to be with someone a big less normal.

(844 words)

A/N: sorry it's short, but I like it where it is : ))