JD (Heathers) ^-Angst-^ +~Fluff~+

Requested: noooope!

Title: Hanahaki

JD's POV

I really had to question my entire life the first time I hacked up a rose petal in the 7-Eleven parking lot.

When I got home I did research on what it meant when that happened. I certainly didn't remember eating a flower, so why the hell was I coughing one up?

It turned out, I had a rare disease called Hanahaki. Caused by unrequited love, this disease caused people to grow flowers in their lungs and cough them up, eventually either choking to death on them or coughing out the last petal when their loved one returned their feelings.

Well, shit.

That brought me to now, a week later in my English class. I was sitting next to (y/n) (l/n), the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen and the person who brought this awful disease on me. It wasn't her fault, per say, considering I was pretty sure she didn't even know my name, so how could she possibly love me?

I turned away from her to cough, my eyes widening at the couple of petals now on my black sleeve. I needed to start bringing tissues to school, I realized. I quickly tucked them in the pocket of my trench coat, before turning back and seeing (y/n)'s concerned look from the corner of my eye.

"Are you okay? You've been coughing a lot lately." She whispered. I, unbelievably flustered, nodded.

"Yeah, just a bad cold." I whispered back.

"Oh, I get those all the time. Want a cough drop? I carry them with me." She asked, tucking a shiny (h/c) strand of hair behind her ear. I nodded gratefully, and in a flash she bent to retrieve on from her gray galaxy print backpack.

"Why do you get sick so much?" I asked quietly, vaguely aware of the teacher glaring at us, since we were supposed to be working on a paper. Not my fault I was done and an actual angel started a conversation with me.

"I'm a vocalist and I have to belt a lot, so it gets my voice weak and I get coughs then. It's kinda weird I guess." She said, an entrancing sparkle in her eyes that made my stomach twist in knots. Yep, definitely in love with her.

"No, it's not weird! I'm sure you're a great singer." I told her gently. She smiled brighter than any star in the sky at that comment.

"Man, never even heard that from my own parents. Hey, wanna come over later? You seem cool, and I have tea which can help with coughing." She offered. I nodded before she even finished speaking. "Awesome! I'll give you my number so I can text where to meet up, since I take the bus. Mrs. Glenn is gonna have our heads if we keep talking."

"You take the bus? I have a motorcycle, I can give you a ride." I offered when she turned away. She glanced back at me, grinning.

"That's so cool! I'll have to take you up on that." She said with the cheeky grin that made my heart flutter and a cough rip through my throat. I looked down, thanking any deity that could possibly exist no petal came out. I could feel it in my mouth, so I'd just have to discreetly spit it in a tissue later.

(y/n)'s POV

It was nice talking to the kinda-cute guy who sat next to me in English. He was nice, and I looked forward to hanging out today. I scribbled down my number on the edge of a piece of notebook paper in the most readable handwriting I could muster and slipped it to him, signing it as "(y/n) :)"

He quickly stuffed it in his pocket with a giddy grin. I focused my attention back on my laptop, writing out my paper. He seemingly did the same, since I could hear the clacking of his keyboard continually through the period.