Chapter 50. Space, unknown location

(Another short chapter for today guys, sorry 😬. Next chapter is a really long one though, so I didn't want to post them together. I hope you can still enjoy it!)

Hud: Pardos

The ship that the Welvet had given him was nice. Very nice.

It was Kaptoy in design, and it had everything that Hud had ever wanted in a ship. A spacious cockpit with a couple of side rooms, but still small enough to easily get around. The black exterior was beautifully sleek, but not so fashionable as to stand out.

And it had blasters. That's what Hud was really excited about. Not that he had any intention of using them at this point.

After learning about the existence of his daughter, he had made as many contacts with the planet Oi as possible. Not only were the Lougémas inhabitants difficult to get information from and work with, but his attempts were coming up empty. His next step was to go to Oi himself.

His daughter was waiting for him.

He had made all the preparations to go. Fortunately he was in the right universe, so the jump wouldn't be too pricey or time exhaustive. But it would still take him several days before he got there.

He eagerly punched the coordinates for Oi into the cockpit computer.

"Natilliea." He called softly, gently embracing the hollow tube at his chest. "We're going to go find her. We're going to go get our baby."

Natilliea softly buzzed in return, humming as she always had.

Hud stopped. That wasn't true, she wasn't humming like she always had. Something was different. Something was wrong.

He pulled her off from around his shoulders and examined her.

He had never experienced this before. She was still vibrating gently, but something was different this time.

"...Natilliea?" He said, his voice full of concern.

She hummed on.

"...What's wrong, beautiful?"

Hud sat still in his seat, examining the metal object closely in silence.

It continued to hum, never wavering from its steady oscillation.

Ever since he had lost her, he had never actually been able to communicate with her. He had tried many times of course, making careful observations on the different frequencies she exerted from time to time. But there was no pattern to it that he could discern.

But this time... he got something from her.

Unsure of what he was doing, Hud slung the strap back over his shoulder and silently punched in coordinates back to Gnumus.

Natilliea hummed happily against his chest as the ship began its course.