Chapter 61. Gnumus

Short: Circuit

My dear, amazing friends. There are plenty of things that have happened to me since I was stranded here on this stupid planet. And I want to tell you about all of it.

Short sat in his half buried ship, transcribing quickly. He imagined that the transcribing process would be difficult to understand for a organic species unlike himself. Essentially he was writing in his mind.

He wrote as if he was writing to the remainder of CSC team seven. The three of them that remained that is. But he wasn't completely sure that's really when he wrote it for.

They were notes to be stored for a later day. Or, maybe even just a personal diary. At the moment, he didn't care. He just felt the urge to get the words out.

Eh. He would probably send them to the team seven anyway, no matter what they were really intended for. He would probably send a copy to the closest thing he had to a mother figure in his life too. Hudaryous the Pardos.

I'm sure you have a lot of questions. There are lots of things that I haven't told you guys yet. Or anybody actually. I was just being lazy.

Anyway. I want to explain my developing relationship with the spirits of Gnumus I mentioned to you about previously. I'm sure you are very much aware of their existence by now since that awful day in the cave with the Bovase. I am sorry for your losses by the way.

The team seven had left Gnumus some time ago. They had been severely shaken by the recent series of events on the planet, and understandably wanted to leave as soon as possible.

Hudaryous was pretty beaten up too, Short hoped he had made it to a hospital or something to recover.

I told you of my first time being possessed and that's how I became familiar with the evil demons and their nemesis, that cute little exorcist creature that I named "Slippy".

Well. He's not little. But he sure is cute.

I had the Pardos drop me off right by Slippy's cave and that's how I got free—I told you all of that already.

Anyway, after the first possession, I became slightly paranoid, afraid that I would lose my agency to the spirits again. That was until I was possessed for the SECOND time.

So. This happened when I was once again roaming around the dunes. It had been a while since the first possession and I had let my guard down a bit. I went out to the dunes that day because I was bored I think, or needed to pee—I don't remember.

Then, just like that, I found myself possessed; but unlike my first encounter, I was in control of my body. It was a nice change of pace as you can imagine. I was allowed to finish urinating completely, which is always nice.

Anyway, it turned out the spirit was actually quite friendly! Her name was Hyrotte!

Maybe you know this already, maybe not; but there was this Bovase war, a frightening Bovase called Arbol Ikagoss (that's who that ugly bug in the cave was), and two groups called the Lil and the Poa with major  sociological differences between the two. Hyrotte taught me about all of that Bovase crap, and more.

We became quite close, Hyrotte and I. She might have become my invisible girlfriend at some point? Not sure.

That part, he probably wouldn't send to his mom.

I still feel slightly guilty about this, during this time with Hyrotte, I had to neglect my big guy Slippy for obvious reasons (I didn't want him to eat my new Bovase friend), but I think he was fine without me. So don't worry so much about him.

While Hyrotte and I bonded, I became aware of the fact that unlike many Lil, Hyotte was a very active fighter in the war. I became increasingly invested in the war efforts alongside her, and we did many great things for the underdog side of the Lil.

Now, all this time I had in the back of my mind the happenings with my own species, and the strange evils the Circuit Queen was participating in—although I was rather passive about it.  Don't get me wrong; this was the fate of my own species. I care about my fellow Circuitry, especially as a post high ranking admiral. It's just that there was not much I could do about it. I was stuck down here, and she was up in some Circuit ship killing things.

Up to this point I could never quite understand why the Queen would do what she was doing. Then one day it hit me that the genocide of my species and the Bovase war could both not only be related, but even be the exact same thing.

It was when Hyrotte mentioned that the freaky dead Circuits in my wrecked ship were actually just Circuit bodies possessed by Poa Bovase. That's when it clicked; the Queen wasn't killing Circuits. It was the Poa Bovase!

I thought about alerting you of my realization, but it was then that I was alerted by the Lil Bovase that you all were back on Gnumus again.

When I heard that news, I knew you were all headed for a heap of trouble. I knew you were going to encounter a lot of the evil Poa forces this time.

I had to help you guys in any way possible, and when I told Hyrotte about it, she wanted to help too.

But I knew that in this situation, the best way to help was to 'bring in the calvary' so to speak, rather than just fight with Hyrotte. So I left Hyrotte in a safe location and retrieved my excitable good boy, Slippy.

It was a little hard getting him to the place you guys were at because his species lives in the dark and he doesn't like the sunlight much. But after an outrageous amount of convincing, I eventually got him over there to kick some invisible Poa butt with you guys.

When I got there I was honestly disappointed to find that there was actually only one Poa rather than a whole army like I suspected. But that was only until I realized that the one Poa was the great Arbol himself!

What a win for the Lil! Arbol had been hidden in an unknown location for a long time. Hyrotte and I had searched for him many times in the past but had always run into dead ends.

And you guys led me straight to him, and with Slippy the cute Poa killing machine no less!

So, after that proud victory, you guys left me stranded on the planet again. And so did the Pardos. Thanks.

But that's okay. I've reunited with Hyrotte and we had a good laugh and a couple dozen glasses of wine. Gnumus isn't all that bad once you get used to a gritty mouth and incessant dust in your eyes.

Jokes, neither of those affect me because I'm a robot.

Although... it would kinda be nice to eventually get off this planet. I mean, I like Hyrotte and all and she might miss me too, but we both agreed that I'm not meant to live the rest of my life on Gnumus. I think it's bad for my joints.

I would actually like to go back to being an admiral again. I feel the need to help rebuild my species after this awful calamity.

So... can someone come back and get me please?

Excited to see you guys again!

Love- Short ❤️