Chapter 29

·····JACKS POV·····

Throughout the whole next week I could only remember kissing Kay. Kissing her by the water, kissing her at night, in the mornings, in my car. I couldn't pay attention to anything other than the fact that she was only mine for a week, and then she'd be leaving. Plus, she was Kay, so it's not like I could make her stay longer. She barely ever spoke of her home, and when she did it wasn't with pride or happiness or longing. She always looked like she didn't want to go back, yet she won't stay here with me.

I know I'm in a band, and I know that she's just a fan-no, she wasn't even a fan of us. She's just a normal person. But I know that it'd be hard for both of us if she stayed longer. It'd cause some problems with Steve, with our record label which is already out of control, and Adam wouldn't be happy either, not that he mattered. But if Kay went back to Canada with Kari I'd most likely never see her again, and I can't have that. I won't have that.

I liked Kay from the minute I saw her. Or rather, the minute she ran into me. I remember being so pissed off that night; Adam and Ryan we're teaming up against me and I hated when they did that. Getting bumped into didn't help either, and I was about to yell at here till I realized that it was her. That she was beautiful, a little chaotic and mysterious looking, different. Special without even realizing it. My first thought then was that, God, I wanted to know her. Not even necessarily date her, kiss her. Just know her. I wanted to figure her out.

And now I'm doing exactly what I didn't want to do. I got to kiss her. I got to spend two weeks with her. I got to take her to countless diners and movies and places that she's never seen. And I still can't figure her out. I know absolutely nothing about her. The day Adam figured out she was staying for another week made me realize this. Am I doing something wrong?

I can't stop thinking about it. Even now, when I'm laying right beside her, watching her chest move up and down as she sleeps, her mouth slightly parted, even now I know she's a mystery. For staying with me. For trusting me.

And I can't get it out of my head.
·····
"Jack." I hear a whisper above me. It must be in my head, I'm still asleep.

"Jack, please wake up." It's her. Kay. Mysterious, wonderful, strange Kay.

"Jack!" She whispers harsher than before, hitting my shoulder. I snap my eyes open only to see the pitch black of night, and an even darker shape before me. I realize now that Kay is on top of me, straddling my waist, one hand in her hair, the other still on my shoulder.

"Kay, Kay. I'm awake," I say. I blink, even though I can't see anything. Why'd she wake me up so early?

"Jack there's someone outside the window," she leans forward and buries her face into my neck, wrapping her arms around me. I'm still confused.

"What?" I rub my eyes with difficulty, my arms having to wrap around Kay in order to reach my face. She kinda reminds me of a kid right now. She's young, so young, but right now she seems even younger.

"There is someone outside the window," she whispers very slowly against my neck. I try to move, but with Kay on top of me and from only just waking up I can't. Instead I end up grinding my hips into her, and I have to bite my tongue to keep from groaning. Fuck.

"K-Kay," I whisper back, trying to sit up instead. I pull her up with me, making her sit in my lap as I lean against the backboard of my bed. I look over to where my window is, right beside the bed where Kay was sleeping. A very faint light is shining through, the city sky not quite powerful enough to be seen through my thin curtains. Thought the dark shading I can just make out the figure of a person.

"Okay. Um," I try to think, but I've never been in this situation before. I shift so I'm sitting more comfortably, and Kay kinda slides down until her face in pressed against my shoulder. I pull her against me, playing with her hair to try and calm her down. Maybe I'm doing it to calm myself down too.