VIII

Amora's eyes fluttered open, she felt unusually content. With a sigh, she turned around only to come face to face with her mate's chest. An inaudible gasp left her lips as she realised he had held onto her the whole night. Her heart blossomed with love, making it pound in her chest. She had never been this happy in her life.

With a groan, Epiales sat up, his arm falling from Amora's waist.

"What time is it?" He groans.

Amora's eyes drift to the large clock beside the balcony, "it's 8 in the morning."

"Eight in the morning? We missed breakfast!" Epiales shoots up, rushing to the bathroom and slamming the door, leaving Amora sitting on the bed, a small smile resting on her face.

She carefully picked out her outfit for the day, she knew she'd be given a different dress for the ball so she didn't spend a lot of time on choosing between her two outfits.

Epiales bolted out of the bathroom, "there is no time to shower, you can shower before the ball just quickly get ready."

Amora rushed herself into the bathroom to avoid being scolded by an anxious Epiales and quickly did her business and brushed her teeth before getting ready.

She slid on her silky black dress as well as her short, glossy black heels before stepping out of the bathroom.

"Epiales, could you pass me my hairbrush," she asked, her hand outstretched.

"Yes, here it is," he mumbled, not truly focusing on her, spinning around to face her with the brush in his hand, "a black dress? You can't wear that in front of the King!"

Amora knew what was expected of females to wear, dainty pale dresses that covered their entire body with ridiculously difficult hairstyles and makeup, but she hated all of that, she did love a variety of dresses, including the dainty pale ones, but she could never wear that everyday.

"I like this dress, don't you?" She twirled around before gently taking her brush from Epiales' hand.

"Yes. What? No, I don't like it, you are going to blacken our names, you look like you are going to a funeral," he muttered through gritted teeth.

"Don't be ridiculous, it's not the 18th century anymore! This dress is not inappropriate and it will not "blacken" our names."

"Fine, we don't have time to argue, let's go, they are preparing for the ball right now," Epiales motioned for Amora to follow him.

Amora treaded after him, almost tumbling down the long stairs as they headed towards the grand ballroom.

Epiales stopped before opening the door, holding out his arm for Amora who gave him a questioning look.

"Do you really want to enter the ballroom, that is being designed for us, looking like we can't stand each other?" Epiales asked, his eyebrow raised.