XVIII

(TW!!! descriptions of violence/abuse)

Amora stood there, her mouth agape as she watched Epiales so naturally take on his new role as King. Almost immediately he set the tone for his new ruling, everyone was terrified the second he opened his mouth. She didn't even get a chance to properly reunite before he was ripping up everything that remained of Richard in the castle, his throne, his bedroom, his wallpaper.

"Epiales?" Amora asked cautiously as he was yelling out orders.

"Yes, love?" He asked, a large smile on his face.

"You-you just became King 10 minutes ago," she pointed out.

"I need to get started right away, I'm ridding the werewolf society of Richard, he does not deserve to be remembered nor mourned."

"How do you even know what you're doing?"

"This is the moment I've been waiting my whole life for."

Amora couldn't ignore the sting in her chest as she listened to his words, knowing that the moment she had been waiting her whole life for was to meet him, yet she wasn't that special to him.

"Amora! What the hell is going on?" A disgruntled Katana screeched as she stumbled onto the courtyard.

"Katana!" Amora sighed in relief, running into her arms.

"One minute I'm being manhandled by a bunch of guards and the next I'm dropped to the ground as everyone starts saying something about a new King!"

"Epiales, he-he killed Richard," Amora spoke slowly, not believing the words herself, despite witnessing it firsthand.

"He killed the king?" Katana's mouth fell open in shock.

"Now he is the king."

"And now you're the queen!"

Amora stilled, she hadn't even thought about that, "I don't want to think about that right now."

Katana nodded in understanding, smiling at her soothingly.

"Katana, can you do me a favour?"

"Of course, Luna."

Amora cringed at the title before shrugging it off, "I need you to go back to the pack, everyone has to know what happened, these past few months have been a mess for everyone, you need to bring them here."

"Bring them here? Every pack member? Amora where are they all going to stay? I know this castle is huge but you have too many pack members."

"Okay, okay, just go back to the pack and inform everyone, please," Amora begged.

Katana nodded at her, "I'm just going to shift, that carriage is too damn slow."

As she watched Katana disappear behind the large doors, Amora focused on herself and she regrettably recognized the familiar sting on her neck.

Tears welled up in her eyes as she gently placed a hand over the burned skin, rushing towards the nearest door.

She trailed along the endless corridors, the emptiness feeling unusual to her, she was so used to the castle bursting with life, she wasn't sure of the protocol for when your King has been killed and his murderer takes over his role.

A familiar room came into her sight and she sighed in relief, rushing in and shutting the door. The bed looked the exact same and Amora assumed no one had slept in it since she and Epiales had.

The memories flashed through her mind as she smiled sadly, it was the first time she had been so intimate with her mate.

She turned her attention to the luxurious mirror beside her, staring at her reflection intently. Amora nervously pushed her long hair back, taking in the sight of her damaged skin. A sharp gasp escaped her as she realized how bad it really was. The skin was a vibrant shade of red, small bruises were littered around the skin and there were droplets of blood scattered across the injury.