XII

"Alpha!" A distant voice calls Epiales out of his slumber.

"Alpha!" The voice calls again and Epiales groans, swinging his legs over the side of the bed and trudging to the door.

"Alph-" The voice starts again but is interrupted by Epiales, "What!"

"Miss Winfrey is downstairs, she claims she was sent by the King." The voice Epiales now recognised as William called from behind the door.

Epiales swung open the door so fast that William stumbled back, feeling startled.

"She is not meant to be here for another 2 days!" He shouted, his fists clenched.

"I am sorry Alpha, I was just sent to deliver the message," William spoke, his voice wavering.

"Well William, you have been taking over the Beta duties these last few days...I am appointing you as temporary Beta, would you please prepare a room for Cassandra and I will speak with Amora," Epiales groaned, running a hand through his hair.

Epiales turned around, expecting to see Amora still asleep on his bed but to his surprise it was empty.

"Amora?" He called.

"In my room," her soft voice called back, and Epiales immediately walked over to her door.

"Come in," she mumbled.

"I thought you'd still be asleep, how long have you been awake?" Epiales asked, glancing at the clock with showed it was barely 6:30am.

"I could not sleep after I last woke," she replied, referring to her nightmare.

Epiales nodded, "did you hear what Williams said?"

She shook her head, placing her book down on the bed and turning to face him.

"Cassandra is downstairs, the King sent her."

Amora bolted upright, "what? She is here?"

Epiales nodded again, "what do you propose we do?"

"Well, she is clearly delusional and believes she will be Luna, so I will deal with her and you should send a letter to the King about this...situation," Amora muttered, distaste laced in her voice.

"Alright, I will go make you breakfast."

"Hello Alpha," a bubbly voice called from behind Epiales.

"God, it is too early for this," he groaned, continuing to cook for Amora.

"Oh! Breakfast, perfect I am starving!" Cassandra spoke, reaching out to grab a plate.

Epiales hand shot out, stopping her, "this is for my mate, the Luna of this pack, if you are hungry the chef will make you breakfast."

Epiales placed all the food neatly on a plate and carried it upstairs, ignoring Cassandra's scoff.

Nudging open the ajar door with his foot, Epiales walked in and stopped in his tracks, watching Amora slide a sleek dress over her head and smoothing it out with her hands.

With a cough, Epiales placed the plate on the nearby table before quickly excusing himself.

He rushed to his office, before sitting down to write his letter to Richard.

After an hour of contemplating his words carefully, Epiales had conjured up a somewhat respectful letter of complaint to be sent to the King.

"William!" He shouted.

"Yes Alpha?" William replied immediately, opening up the door.

"I need this letter to be sent to the King by this afternoon, do you think you could make it to the castle by noon?"