XIV

(song link above)

4 days. They had been gone 4 days. They were only meant to be gone for 2 or 3 days at most, Amora thought worriedly.

She had spent the entire time Epiales had been away sulking in her office, constantly worrying about him as well as trying to manage the workload that had been dumped on her. She had no idea how Epiales planned to assassinate the most important werewolf in the world but deep down she knew there was the possibility that he would fail.

Guilt consumed her as she stayed back and did nothing when she knew her King was going to be killed. She felt as though she were as bad as a murderer but she would never sell out her mate.

The feeling of his cold hands grabbing her skin as he pushed her away was burned into her mind. The deep feeling of rejection settled within her and refused to let her go, reminding her everyday that he did not love her.

Amora felt pathetic, she felt weak, just how she was taught to feel at Lincoln's pack. She grew up a headstrong and independent girl until he took over before her 14th birthday, turning the once warm and loving pack she grew up to remember into one of hatred and submission.

'And what do you think you are doing?' Lincoln's hateful voice snarled from behind the newly turned sixteen-year-old Amora.

'I-I was just getting some water, Alpha,' she whispered, staring at the floor with her neck tilted.

'Do you think that is an acceptable excuse as to why you left your room? Dinner was over 2 hours ago, you should not set foot outside of that room until breakfast, so what makes you think you can just waltz about my house and take what you like?' He yelled, scaring her so much that she dropped the glass, allowing the shards to litter across the floor as the cold water pooled at her feet.

'Get yourself to the cellars, now!' He screamed as tears poured down her face, she had been sent to the cellars many times, once for merely staying at the breakfast table a few seconds too long.

Amora scrambled down the hallway and down the stone-cold stairs to her Alpha's favourite place in the pack.

She stood silently in the middle of the room, her breaths uneven and desperate. Every time she was in here she silently prayed to the Moon Goddess and her old Alpha, hoping that he would somehow come back to life and save her and take her far away from this place, she had never been so desperate for something she could not have this much in her life.

Lincoln stepped into the room soundlessly, holding a long whip in his hands and a grin on his face, he didn't want Amora to hear him, he wanted her to feel the stinging sensation of the whip first.

The whip slashed against her back, the 9 separate pieces of leather each burning her skin violently. The force of the hit sent Amora flying forward in pain, shock, and crying out in agony.

'DO NOT MOVE,' he growled out, hitting her against the back once more.

'Please Alpha, I will never leave my room again, please don't use the whip on me,' the young girl cried out as though she were pleading for her life.

'Do not speak another word, do you hear me?'

Amora forced herself to stand as still as possible in the same spot of the dark room, biting her lip harshly and staring at the wall, letting the tears fall with each hit.

"Luna! The Alpha is back!" William's orotund voice called, bringing her out of her trance.

"They are back?" She questioned, standing up from her chair and rushing out of the door, ignoring the familiar burn of the bad memory further embedding itself into her mind.