XXI

-She yanked her arm out of his grasp and marched out the doors

She heard him stumbling out behind her, running towards her.

"Amora! Amora, please, stop!"

She ignored him, continuing to march towards the forest far ahead, past the garden.

His arm snaked around her waist, turning her towards him. He hugged her to his chest, his chin resting on her head as he held her tightly.

She wriggled in his hold, tears gathering in her eyes as she tried pushing him away.

"Please, please don't go," he whispered, his voice breaking.

She started punching his chest, only letting out angry gasps of air as the tears started to roll down her cheeks.

"Let go!" She gasped.

"Please, I need you, I love you, just don't leave me, I cannot live without you."

"I can't do this Epiales!"

"Amora," he whimpered into her hair, his heart beating wildly in his chest, the wolf inside him howling.

"We started off so horribly, and I never once left you, I never gave up on us. You never even gave us a chance. Then things became better, and I was so happy that I didn't even stop to think for a second that your complete change in attitude was strange, but now you're back to the way you were, and I see now Epiales that you cannot love anything but power. You're so damaged that you tell yourself that letting anyone in is a weakness, and it is not my job to stay here and fix you while I become more damaged in the process."

"Please, you don't mean tha-"

"I'm leaving you." As the words fell from her lips his heart crumbled, he felt as though it was yanked from his chest.

"No," Epiales whispered, his voice low, "please don't leave me."

"I don't want to Epiales! But I don't deserve this," she said, her voice faltering as she aggressively wiped away her tears.

"I'll be better, I promise."

"You can't, Epiales. Your life has ruined you. I waited my whole life for my mate, and it ruined me, all I wanted was to be loved by you, and perhaps you do love me, but you don't act like it."

Amora shoved him away and turned around, continuing to head for the forest when his arm wraps around her waist again. She turns around as his body falls to the floor. She stared down at him as he rested on his knees, grasping at the bottom of her dress.

"Let go of me, Epiales."

"Please don't leave me," he pleaded, silent tears falling down his face.

"I have waited months for you to give me a reason to stay, I can't- I can't do it anymore."

She yanks her dress from him and runs for the trees, forcing herself not to glance back at the man sunken to the floor crying her name.

"I love you!" He screams out in agony, writhing in pain as the rejection settled with his wolf. His shimmering crown tumbled off his head, falling to the ground in a clash.

Amora vigorously wiped the tears off her face, forcing herself to continue running away, away from this life, away from everything, away from him.

"I love you too," she whispered as she wiped away the last tears she would ever shed for him.

(This is a short chapter, I'm sorry! But chapter 22 will be uploaded SOON today, I just didn't feel it was right to continue writing on this chapter right after that last line lmao, stay safe everyone!)