XXXI

(if you aren't comfortable with sex scenes/sexual scenes I would skip this chapter! I also put a warning before in case you would like to read some of the chapter.)

Amora groaned as she kicked open her bedroom door, flopping down onto her bed.

Epiales appeared from the closet, chuckling as he stared at her, "a bit too much to drink?"

She lifted her face up from the pillow briefly to glare at him before burying her face again, "before you say it, I'm not drunk, I just have a headache."

"You can say you aren't drunk, but you definitely aren't sober."

"Why are you in here? You said you'd be in your room."

"That was four hours ago, I've been in here for just under an hour."

Amora rolled over, her arm dangling off the side of the bed as she looked up at him with a pout on her face and her eyes wide, "would you get me some water, please?"

He leaned down to kiss her forehead, "of course."

She smiled as she stared at him. She loved him so much, and now they finally had a working relationship. She was too afraid to think of what his reaction will be like when she tells him she didn't plan on staying at the castle with him when they returned.

A few moments later he returned holding a tall glass of water which Amora eagerly chugged down.

"Dinner is starting soon, I picked out a dress for you... I hope you don't mind," Epiales smiled nervously at her.

"I don't mind at all." She stood up and headed into the closet, her eyes immediately catching the dress that was laid out on the chair for her.

She gasped slightly as she picked it up, it was brand new, she didn't know where Epiales had gotten it but she was excited to wear it nonetheless.

She slipped the soft fabric over her head, smoothing out the creases as she looked in the mirror. The white lace was soft against her skin and her fingers glided across the material with ease.

She quickly grabbed a hairbrush and styled her hair in a simple manner, letting most of it stay down. Her stomach churned as she thought of saying goodbye to the pack she loved for the last time as their Luna.

"Amora, can I come in?" Her mate's muffled voice asked from behind the door.

"Yeah, yeah I'm almost finished getting ready."

He stepped in, holding a pair of glossy white heels. He stopped when he saw her, whatever he was about to say getting lost in his mind. She looked angelic. All he wanted to do was reach out and hold her.

"The dress is so beautiful, Epiales, thank you for picking it."

"The beauty of that dress is nothing compared to you. Amora, you look... ethereal."

She blushed as she took the shoes from him, slipping them on her feet.

"Could you button it up at the back for me?" She asked in a whisper, not realizing he was already right behind her.

"Of course," he whispered. He gently traced the exposed skin on her back before buttoning each part of the dress up, watching as it hugged her figure tightly. Her breath hitched as she felt his lips on the back of her neck.

"Let's go... we are late for dinner."

Amora huffed quietly as Epiales detached his lips from her skin.

As they exited the room, Amora quickly smoothed out his black suit at his shoulders before linking her arm with his. She walked down the stairs carefully, trying not to fall down in her heels.