Chapter thirty nine

Conspiracy://the act of secretly planning to do something that is harmful or illegal

My stomach growled as I laid in bed still. The sun was high and it's rays sat on my face burning into my skin. I thought about spending time with all three of us, then shook my head. It wouldn't work out and we all knew it. Swinging my feet from the covers I climbed out of bed unlocking the door dragging myself to the loo to get myself cleaned up, finished I descended the stairs to feed the starving children I housed in my stomach. My feet paused as I got to the last stair. My eyes made contact with Andrew's. The awful tightening of my stomach returned, only somewhat tighter and everything was telling me to bolt like a sixteen year old running from her crush. My fingers entwined in the hem of my sweater, one feet across the other, I stared at the giant who stood in my house; his lean frame towering above mine only three footsteps away from me.

I wasn't supposed to see him and I didn't plan for him coming over either. He was supposed to be at home resting, resting not standing before me making me nervous. I looked away feeling self conscious of my attire. The hem only fell mid -thigh which meant he could see my legs without any effort at all.

You've worn shorts before and sure enough he's seen your legs stop being an idiot and get him to leave.

Right. I straightened. This has nothing to do with him. It's just a coincidence that he's here, just be curt and ask him to leave.

"What are you doing here?"

"Good morning to you too"

"Okay. You haven't answered my question"

" I came to see you"

"You should be at home resting andrew. Resting. Not here"

"I'm not the resting type of guy"

"That's besides the point. You're working too hard and it's affecting you now go home"

"No"

My mouth fell at his words and I felt myself take a step back when he steeped towards me.

"I promised to take you out remember"

"No. It's fine. I'll just distract myself with something else"

I turned on my heels cursing under my breath and the universe for this attrocity. I said I was avoiding him, avoiding him! That means I don't want to see or hear him. Either this world was broken or today was opposites day and I wasn't informed. He caught my hand pulling me back down the stairs to where he stood. My hands tensed and my anger surged with his stubborn behavior.

"What are you doing?" I asked. " let me go"

"We're going out today"

"No we're not" I said adamantly.

"Are you upset with me because of yesterday or is it the day before?"

" Neither... I just"

"You're lying" he replied. He ran his hand through his hair letting go of my arm. "Were going out today"

I groaned. "I haven't eaten yet"

"We'll grab something on our way" he said turning on his heels.

                                                     *************************

People were all over I noticed as we walked down a gravel path. It felt familiar but with so many people before and behind I couldn't tell for sure. It wasn't until we got to the lake house that I realised that we were at the lake. It was a wonder what so many people could do to a place.