Chapter seventy five

Home:// home is where the heart is

Eight months later: present day.

Dammit!

I ran up the steps into the train station hoping to get through the crowd in time to catch her before she leaves. I've got the worst luck today because all of Boston seemed to be packed into the halls moving as damn zombies.

"Where did you say she was coming from again?" I asked the woman on the phone hearing her sigh agitated by the repeat of my question but if she'd been the one out here, She'd understand I was the one that had the right to be frustrated not her.

"Hey sorry man"

I hurried on without paying him much attention, She'd just have to pay with her life for the trauma she caused when I finally saw her.

"Phillisa" I called.

" Ugh, for petes sake Andrew gate 3 okay! " she screeched. "Honestly you're worst than kenzy sometimes"

"Yeah I highly doubt that" I replied rolling my eyes, yet sweeping the floor for the one person I was trying to see. Then she appeared. All smiles and radiant, none of which were directed at me. "I gotta go" hanging up without waiting for a response. 

I stood in the crowd watching her, conflicted, pissed, annoyed, agiated, jealous yet slightly bewildered and confused. This couldn't be happening to me again. Not again. Taking a deep breath, I pulled myself together, things didn't have to be what they seemed, then she turned, her cheeks splashed with ketchup, and her fingers entangled his.

If I thought that would be the end of it all, I'd get to understand the world had a knack for screwing around with people. Light danced on her left hand, revealing something that damn right sparkled and from where I stood, there's no way the hell someone with 80/20 vision would miss it or 20/80 whatever the hell it's called these days. My gut twisted watching her. My heart refusing to believe what my eyes were seeing.

In the back of my mind nothing made sense as my heart argued that it couldn't be her, while my brain yelled at me for being a damn idiot. What the f*** was happening here? And as if things couldn't get much worst, she passed my person completely oblivious. Seconds passed which seemed like centuries. My body tensed, the feeling of aggregation and betrayal gliding through my blood while my jaw grew taunt. Just when I stuffed my hands into my pocket, she glanced around, clearing laughing at what my replacement said. The hazel eyes I'd grown obsessed with seeing sparkle, slowly passed over my figure before she turned away.

I watched again as her body tensed, and her head snapped back in my direction her eyes going wide in shock, her lips forming a small "O" of disbelief. Her fingers instantly dislodged from her partner's and her rigid body stared at me. Yeah, as much as I'd rather not be standing here right now, I wasn't a ghost.

Ziploc's feet carried her to my side side, mouthing my name inaudibly. I grimaced with every nearing step she took, wondering why I always found myself in the company of women like her. No, rather why I allowed myself to be fooled over and over again. I wanted to toss the damn thing radiating on her finger, calling attention from every woman who had the wherewithal  to drop everything just to break their necks and see.

"Andrew" she breathed standing before me, her breath shaky and with that small bit of sexiness that always turned me on.

I didn't speak just took her in. Her hair had grown to full length, the curls tumbling almost to her shoulders and some covering her eyes. Staring, I reminded myself to breathe, part of me wanting to walk away, the other wanting to kill the guy and the next honestly didn't want to believe this was happening again. There has to be a plausible explanation to this. Whatever this was.