Chapter sixty

Alternate path: Brian

I've know Andrew for about two years, yeah something along that line and in all that time I've never seen him like this. We'd just got a Ford and I was working on it while he stuck himself in the office going through names of the interviewees he was thinking of choosing as our new mechanic. Personally I didn't mind, but I couldn't help being worried for any unfortunate fellow who ended up working for him. For one Andrew was an ass to deal with, a complete pain in the neck and if you didn't have the sense of elephant, everything he'd say you'd take it as an insult.

He hasn't talked much since Gale left, even more so now since that argument with kenzy and now he had her bestfriend on my tail nagging me everyday about it. So I was stuck, betray him or deal with her anger everyday and angry was exactly what Phillisa was.
I was confused as much as her, he should've gone after her, hell apologize even if he didn't mean it. Women were like that, just tell them what they wanted to hear and they'd eventually calm down. They both had their bouts and I've watched them from the shadows developing into something more than friendship even if the idiot didn't want to admit to it.

I stopped at the door, watching him work, in full concentration.

Yeah, I thought. He missed her. Andrew this concentrated spelt disaster.

"What'd you want?" He asked without looking up from his papers.

I grinned. "Nothing boss just checking up on you"

He snickered. "You better get used to working full hours. I don't want the new rookie getting any ideas"

"I'd never" I said pretending to take offense. "Never teach your rookie to take a well deserved break"

He rolled a paper tossing it at me through the door. I laughed ducking, but in honesty I was worried. Very worried.

"Hey andy" I said leaning against the door. "You talk to her yet?"

" I'm not following" he said flipping another paper. "Why are you still here anyway?"

I ignored his question. "Kenzy man, I'm talking about kenzy"

He looked up frowning. "What about her?"

"Have you worked things out with her? That's what I'm asking"

He rolled his eyes. "Go back to work brian"

"You're serious?" I asked in disbelief . "I sticked my neck out for you and you couldn't even swallow your pride for once"

"Brian"

" You kissed the woman asshole" he glanced up looking surprised and all. Oh he didn't think I knew. "Oh yeah I saw it all happen"

He gritted his teeth. "Let it go"

"Why? so let me get this straight it's okay for you to do that then tell her to stay the f*** away from you and lie to her bestfriend that you haven't the faintest clue why she suddenly ran away?"

" Brian drop it and go back to work" he demanded his hands tensing around the papers he held.

"Why? What are you afraid of andy? Rejection, finding out she probably doesn't like you, we'll that's a given no way she could never not when you're the only person she spends time with"

"Because it's none of your damn business now get out or I'll throw the entire pad of post it's on the desk at your head and trust me I won't care where it ends up"

My hands fell across the with table with a thud as I stared at him upset, damn pissed at his stubborn, self-centered attitude.

"Asshole, you screwed up" I yelled at him hoping I'd finally drive some sense into his thick skull. "What'd you want? You want things to go sideways like with Gale or you want the girl!"