Chapter Forty one

"Gale?" She walked over smiling and gave me a tight hug before kissing me. I kissed her back taking in the perfume she always wore confirming that I actually held her in my hands.

"Well I thought maybe you'd be at the door and I'd get my usual hugs but I can settle for that kiss" she said playing with my shirt.

"You're here" I said still processing everything.

"Yeah, I said I was coming remember" she ran her hand through my hair. " Is something wrong?"

I shook my head. "How did you get here?" I asked walking into the kitchen side stepping her bags.

" Uber" she replied following me in. "You look slightly distracted andrew, I thought you'd be happy to see me"

"I am, I'm just not sure why you're here"

She looked at me surprised. "I live here and we're together andrew what'd you mean what am I doing here?"

My eyes made contact with ziploc's figure that had wandered into the kitchen dressed in my shirt, it didn't help that it only fell mid thigh leaving her legs exposed and when Gale saw her I was sure I heard thunder clash.

"And who's this?" She asked looking back at me.

"A friend" I replied.

"Friend? Andrew is she wearing your college jersey?"

" Yes"

"Yes! Yes! No wonder you don't want me here"

She stood glaring at kenzy, fists folded and against her hips, if I didn't knew better I'd think I was about to have a knock out match and I wasn't sure who'd win.

"Gale". I said feeling my pulse rise at her dramatic behavior

"Are you two sleeping together?"

"Don't be ridiculous" I replied watching as kenzy did everything but run out of the room. She felt hurt and embarrassed, I knew that.

"There's a half naked woman in your shirt, in our house, coming from those steps Andrew and there's only one thing that those steps lead to"

"You mean besides the bathroom and the spare bedroom right?" I said agitated with her.

When I looked up again, Kendall slipped though the door and left. I shook my head running my hand through my hair. I was embarrassed by gale's behaviour, at this point she didn't have the right to question my actions and I never gave her a reason to. If anything I should have been given the benefit of a doubt. I wasn't cheating, something I couldn't say for sure about her.

"I'll be right back" I said walking out.

"No" said Gale. "Where are you going?"

"To take her home"

"Are you crazy! I'm here andrew. You're going to choose some girl over me"

"She isn't some girl Gale, she's been here for me a lot more than I can say for you"

"What are you talking about, I'm here now"

"Three weeks before the end of July right" I shook my head. "I don't know why you're here"

"I'm here that's what matters" she held onto my hand. "What has gotten into you?"

I gazed at her feeling a brewing animosity and I hated it. I've never felt this way about Gale , distrust, anger, slight resentment. Everything she did, every lie she told fueled the rage that was was surging seeing her. Even though I wanted to hold her, to kiss her, make love to her, I restrained myself. I resolved to do nothing until I heard where she was all this time.