Lonely - Giyu

Giyu Tomioka looked out from the balcony, his navy orbs staring out into the distance. His hand resting on the hilt of his blade kept at his side— lips pulled into a straight line. Nothing seems off here.

"Tomioka-san," Shinobu's voice rang through the corridor as she walked over to his tense frame. Her purple eyes gazed at him with amusement, a smile on her face. "How come you're here all alone?"

Silent, Giyu looked at her oddly before turning back to the watching the rain.

Shinobu blinked at him before smiling again. The same question left her mouth once more, "You're alone?"

"No, I'm not."

Shinobu looked even more amused, "And how aren't you?"

"I'm not."

"Do you have friends?" He went silent.

He watched her from the corner of his eye. A hand moved to the front of her mouth, a gasp leaving pink lips as her purple hues widened in laughter— something that caused him to want to twitch. But he didn't. Slayers don't twitch.

"Oh no!—You don't have any friends!" She was laughing at him. "That's so sad."

"I do have friends."

"Who?"

He just stared.

She just stared.

And waited.

And waited.

Before bursting into a fit of giggles at the smallest pink tint on his cheeks.

...

Shinobu looked at him, "You know you're not the only one alone?.." His head snapped to her, curiousness seeping into his eyes. "There's another in our group of pillars."

"Who?"

"It's the new person— [Last Name]-san." The one with the mask?...The new fire pillar?

Shinobu nodded. "She's always alone."

....

"Why aren't you at home?" They way he said it now sounded more like a demand, an order. "Surely you would be missed by now."

He had just caught her standing in the rain, outside the compound— on the break of dawn, surrounded by corpses of fallen demons. Blood splattered across her [f/c] robes and white mask, [e/c] orbs staring at him. Her weapon held in her hand, the scythe dangling above the ground.

    These words sparked an unknown hurt in the girl's chest. No. They don't miss me. They don't care.

   "I-I tried to get back—- It d-didn't work." It was odd to see the (Last Name) girl so fragile, delicate - and dare he say, arousing. "The guards refused to let me in."

    "You are a member of the Pillars, are you not? They would recognize you." He vanished, reappearing right next to her.

     "I-I.."

    "Surely they would recognise the new fire pillar..." he purred, leaning in even farther, lips brushing against her ear.

   The girl gave a small squeak, and tried to scoot backwards without falling of the rock. She didn't succeed, only in tipping him further on top of her.

   Why was he enjoying this? He had never even talked to her before. But she looked so...

   "N-no..." she whispered, the unusual eyes filling with tears—she hoped it wasn't visible, with all this rain.

     "No, they d-don't care..." she clenched her hands, feeling the blunt nails digging into slippery flesh, felt his hands close over hers again—and continued. "Nobody cares..." not after I replaced the old pillar.

    "Are you sure?" Giyu asked, pulling away and staring at her again, nose millimeter's away from hers. "Are you absolutely certain that there's no one?"

  "Y-yes?.."

    She was silenced by a pair of strong, lean arms encircling her—so surprised that she stopped crying for a second, and lifted her head. Wet clothes melded together, but she felt the heat of his body against hers, and felt the blood rush to her face. The kunoichi leaned back a bit, and tried to find footing on the stone.

"Tomioka—?" she asked a little breathlessly, forgetting to add the suffix, for once.

    Closing his eyes and resting his head on her back, Giyu began to feel the affection for the pitiful girl grow slowly in his chilly heart. It was a nice feeling, something that he had not felt since he was very, very young...

   "That's not true. I don't hate you. I accept you..." he lifted her gaze to him and ignored the rain dripping onto them and rubbed his thumb on her bottom lip.

   (Name) blushed under his gaze.

  "So stay with me until you're no longer lonely."

     And with that their lips connected.