Scissors - Zenistu

Hope you like this!

There was once a small tailoring shop settled in the corner of Enbizaka, run by a woman and her husband. Her husband had inherited it from his mother, carrying on the legacy of their family business since her passing when he was young. Zenistu had surprisingly brought the business into more success than his mother and was thankful that he had his wife at his side.

[Name] [Last Name], now known as [Name] Agastuma.

A certainly beautiful woman, with (h/c) locks and stunning (e/c) eyes. Her skin was always smooth and envied for its perfect gleam in light. She was known to be kind and polite and as a contestant for the town beauty. However, her husband captured the hearts of the entire village with his bright eyes and soft grins. The entire neighborhood was infatuated with Zenitsu; he was all they ever talked about.

"Oh, this is gorgeous! You even threw in that sash I was eyeing! How can I ever repay you, my dear?"

"It's quite alright, Ma'am!~" Zenistu graced the woman with an upturn of lips. "There is no need to pay me; it was a gift, remember?"

"Oh, no, I can't possibly let-"

"No, I insist. Please, take it free of charge. I'm feeling especially generous today, since I'm meeting with my wife later!~ Oh, [Name]-tan!" He watched as a red blush swept across her cheeks with calculated eyes.

"Oh my, young Zenistu has a lover...? Well, I suppose I can't refuse, then... but next time I'm giving you double the pay, alright? Have fun with your darling!"

Watching the woman leave, he sighed contentedly and retrieved the sewing scissors from her desk on which they sat upon.

"Mother always said 'The more you sharpen them, the better they cut'. It's best to follow Mother's advice..."

Zenitsu stared at the scissors in his hand with a dull look in his eyes, hands gripping onto the blade tightly, metal digging into the soft skin—- Ah, he cut himself.

"Ah," He traced the cut with his tongue quickly before eyeing the large rolls of cloth in the corner. "I said I would meet me wife."

She's meeting someone else instead.

Zenistu stood up slowly.

"Why must other men tend to her need?..~"

xxx

"Aren't I enough for her?'

  He stared at the sight of her with another man, a flirtatious smile on her red lips as the stranger put a flower accessory into her hair. I can do that...! So why does she?— Why does she leave for them?. It's 1:00pm.. she promised to be back by now..Zenitsu eyed the man with scarlet hair and the hanafuda earrings, rubbing the ends of his ears in thought.

   What's so special about him?

'Why? Aren't I enough for him?' He thought. The sight of her with another, was too much to bear. He eyed the earrings on the man once more, utter rage filling his mind. His teeth dug into his lips harshly, piercing the skin with small drops of blood coming to the surface.

   "— Tanjiro, stop it!~"

  "—[Name]-chan!"

And just like that, he ran into the shop, slamming the door behind him, and picked up the scissors, sharpening them once more.

...

"Have you heard about the bad news?— The murder on Satoki Street!"

...

"—-Kamado-san was supposedly stabbed 13 times in the back!"

...

"—it's so unfortunate!"

...

"Did you hear about Kamado Tanjiro, Zenistu?" One of his costumers asked, handing over a small pouch of money— eyes gleaming with the intention to spread the gossip. "It's so sad!"

"I hope his sister is doing well."

Zenistu only smiled, his new pair of earrings hitting his hair lightly.

....

"I'm terribly sorry, but I'm afraid we'll have to part here. I see my bo— ah, lover over there. I hope you're not too angry with me?"

"Oh, not at all, sir. You've already bought me some food, you go have fun."

He turned and started towards a balloon stand, enjoying the bustle of the crowd and the festivities when he caught her. Tears filled his eyes in anger and he gritted his teeth roughly when he spotted the tame, black locks the man had.

Nothing like his own.

He spun on his heel, face wet, and marched straight back to the shop.

...

"Did you hear?— Another one!"

"Really?"

"Giyu Tomioka! He was found dead, stuffed with yellow flowers in his skull! His black hair was gone!— Someone ripped all of it out!"

"That's horrible!"

...

Zenitsu eyed the now-dyed black locks of his hair with a smirk, twisting the hair around his finger, only to pause when arms wrapped around him from behind. A warm, familiar front pressed against his back as he felt his wife kiss his cheek.

"Hi, Zenistu."

"Do you like it?— My new hair?"

"Hmm," She eyed the new hairstyle before sighing with a pout. "It's nice.. I guess. But I liked the yellow hair more."

"Oh."

He didn't say anything about his new black paintbrushes.

....

"The whole neighborhood's just in chaos! I'm so glad you haven't been hurt."

"What's happened now?"

"It's just absurd!" He watched her eyes fill with tears, hands clasped over her mouth to cover a sob. Her shoulders shook as she lent into his embrace. "Tanjiro, Giyu and so many men in the village have been murdered brutally!"

"So many of them?" He asked, continuing to sharpen the scissors, frowning just a bit.

"Yes, they were all related, all killed the same way too. I don't understand it. The world's a cruel place."

"I just don't know what to do anymore." His wife eyed the scissors that were in his hand, before raising an eyebrow in question. "What's wrong with your scissors? They're stained an odd color..."

'The more you sharpen them, the better they cut.'

Zenitsu smiled.